One Tonner 2014

Pure Savage

That tour de Stellenbosch killed me. 

I felt like Fabian Cancellara did at the Vuelta this year at the tour de stellenbosch....Came home 5kgs lighter. Lets hope the water stations are well stocked on Sunday.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I checked these results as well, seems there's quite a big gap between the first starting group (A-D), and the next (was G-H), around 30 minutes.

I've been seeded in H, was hoping for under 5 but now I'm not so sure.

I checked these results as well, seems there's quite a big gap between the first starting group (A-D), and the next (was G-H), around 30 minutes.

Come tuck in, let's just do it... I'm in G. Hoping to break 5 hours...

Come tuck in, let's just do it... I'm in G. Hoping to break 5 hours...

Your only hope is if a stong DC team start a few groups back and you hook onto them. 

You will be riding into a headwind for the last 70km, no way you are going to drop your group and ride a sub-5 on your own unless you are super strong...

Your only hope is if a stong DC team start a few groups back and you hook onto them. 

You will be riding into a headwind for the last 70km, no way you are going to drop your group and ride a sub-5 on your own unless you are super strong...

Yeah will look out for a strong team up front, and go with any break aways who don't look like lost causes. 

If not dee_biker and I can form a 2 man breakaway of our own :w00t:

Guest Frail4Life

The weather is starting to look worse every day, wind, clouds, heat.... :eek:

Here i am still in PE, stuck in this weather.

Guest Frail4Life

Yeah will look out for a strong team up front, and go with any break aways who don't look like lost causes.  If not dee_biker and I can form a 2 man breakaway of our own :w00t:

Make me a wager, i will Pull you around.

The savage train should be twice the size this week and leaving from E.

We also have a competition, the person that dishes out the most pain and makes us sweat wins a Mitchum prize and entry into the Mitchum Pure Savage tent after the race ;)

We also have a competition, the person that dishes out the most pain and makes us sweat wins a Mitchum prize and entry into the Mitchum Pure Savage tent after the race ;)

That's awesome!!! Work together and work harder !!! :)

Haha! Starting in B, if/when I get dropped I'll wait up and hook onto the Savage train  :thumbup:

Plenty of opportunity to dish out pain on that Malmesbury road into the wind!

That's great news - Lost my seeding (used to be A) because I did not compete in PPA races over the last year and am now also starting in E.  Keep a spot in that tent please... :-) 

Its a pity there is no community service concept whereby high seeded riders drop back and support the guys with new to the road seedings. Starting at the back is gonna be a world of pain.

Archived