Carbon MTB shocks

dirtrider

How long do you think a carbon shock for a mtb should last . I assume these things like anything else got a limited life span . My shock is now 4 years old and it's been round the block a few time (Regular Klapperkop downhill , Magalies Monster and some other gnarly stuff) . I don't know if I should rather replace it before a 2000km+ race that I am planing to do .

How long do you think a carbon shock for a mtb should last . I assume these things like anything else got a limited life span . My shock is now 4 years old and it's been round the block a few time (Regular Klapperkop downhill , Magalies Monster and some other gnarly stuff) . I don't know if I should rather replace it before a 2000km+ race that I am planing to do .

Has it been regularly serviced?

:eek:

4 years with no servicing and you can throw most things away. I'm guessing it's a DT Swiss - send it to Probike and they'll sort it out for you, but it's probably going to sting.

To clarify, are we talking a fork or a shock here?

Fork holds your front wheel on.

Shock is in the frame and makes your back wheel go squish.

4 years with no servicing and you can throw most things away. I'm guessing it's a DT Swiss - send it to Probike and they'll sort it out for you, but it's probably going to sting.

To clarify, are we talking a fork or a shock here?

Fork holds your front wheel on.

Shock is in the frame and makes your back wheel go squish.

For me, that would be the git on the saddle.

A rigid carbon fork will be fine unless you've moered it hard enough to crack it. No need to replace.

Also it's the furthest thing from a shock you're ever likely to get.

I've seen that oke ride, he does it with some 'finesse' :whistling:

Its the shock factor when he feels how sore his hands are after a rough ride on that rigid thing

Dude. Please be more careful with your wording... If there weren't a gutter, my mind would be homeless...

Dude. Please be more careful with your wording... If there weren't a gutter, my mind would be homeless...

Dirt rider is a rough rider? :w00t: