Phase 1 of PwC Bike Park trails complete!!!

CycleLab

PWC is great fun really it is but my opinion is that R50 is a tad to expensive. I understand its to compensate for the money used to upgrade etc but I don't want to pay R50 and then have to deal with dodging little kids as have been previously stated.

I agree on the R50 being expensive, so I got a 10 visit card for R300, R30 a pop is much better. As for the kids, they seem to stick to the kiddies tracks except when their parents let them ride the jump track, backwards...big tears waiting to happen. Those kids are almost invisible from the otherside of the jumps.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yea I didn't no they do visit cards maybe I should investigate that as it becomes pretty pricy going quiet regulary

I agree on the R50 being expensive, so I got a 10 visit card for R300, R30 a pop is much better. As for the kids, they seem to stick to the kiddies tracks except when their parents let them ride the jump track, backwards...big tears waiting to happen. Those kids are almost invisible from the otherside of the jumps.

I didn't know about these cards either. Do you know if they do season cards?

Not a half bad idea, and another suggestion, if there was to be an evening session maybe they should charge something less as we will just be pretty much messing around on the pump track and if it is cheaper I am sure you will get more people?

Just remember the cards used to expire..(idk if they still do).. so be sure you gonna ride or remember to give it to a friend before it expires.. i forgot or didnt go for a while and they were wasted :thumbup:

Went the 1 day and card expired.. oke let me ride anyways .. seen as i hadnt used much of the card :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

My son and I went there yesterday, while I can't comment on the specific improvements, I was told they were getting in new scotts to rent (in addition to the current titan ryde, and cruz) in a month.

If this is true (which I have no reason to doubt), there is definitely money still being pumped in, hang tight, a "phase 2" will in all liklihood come...

Pump track at night sounds great, but how about keeping the trails open for night riding once a week!!??

I would be there every week!

Driving to modderfontein on wed night to ride on a dirt road is ok, but proper trails would be awesome!

Drove past the other day and the kids were crossing the pump track with no regard to other users, unfortunately, I won't go till the kid issue is resolved.

This is worrying...

yeah, the sign says no one under 13 I think... politely pointing this out to parents usually works

for the pumptrack?

my 8 year old is going to be devastated.

for the pumptrack?

my 8 year old is going to be devastated.

I think the sign also says something like 'unless the person knows what they are doing'

doubt anyone is going to mind a kid pumping on a pump track, the issue seems to be more around assuming that the pump track is the kiddies track

I think the sign also says something like 'unless the person knows what they are doing'

doubt anyone is going to mind a kid pumping on a pump track, the issue seems to be more around assuming that the pump track is the kiddies track

I see, thanks for clearing that up.

Which track are you all referring to as the pump track? The small tracks near the entrance or the old bmx track?