Bonus

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bike Tech: one small observation was OPQS riding with their rear quick release skewers on the wrong way around. Why? The lever is used to tuck the rear mech cable in-line with the frame. The photo shows Tony Martin and Uran was spotted with the same.

I could do that quicker with a cable tie. no weight argument with a gear cable housing that long!

I could do that quicker with a cable tie. no weight argument with a gear cable housing that long!

ja but that wont create a placebo effect!

The one worrying aspect for Contador is the strength of his team i.e. not strong enough.

Definitely

I think the team made a statement in that regard

Valverde tends to have a bad day or two, like Sunday.

Quintana is capable of raking in mins with his super climbing.

Things are not settled there, I reckon.

No, I wouldn't write Quintana off just yet for a possible top five, maybe even a podium, but top step is gonna be difficult with such a strong field as this. 'Berto is unlikely to lose minutes to Quintana on any mountain top finish where it essentially will matter now.

I think a lot will depend on how Movistar see the situation, if they switch allegiances to Valverde I am pretty sure he will podium, but if they start to try and pull Quniana back into contention I think Valverde may have to sacrifice a very likely podium.............!.

Not sure they will gamble on that, my feeling is they will look for a stage win for Nairo and try keep Valverde on the podium.

I can see my fantasy league team slowly going south now. The two main guys I picked - Froome and Quintana - are not having a good race. And the 3 that I didn't give enough respect to for this race - Contador (I'm floored at how good he looks), Valverde and Rodriguez - are having a brilliant tour.

Everyone is looking at Contador at the moment, but Purito is quietly going about his business and he's looking brilliant too. That ITT ride of his yesterday was the best I've ever seen from him. If Contador happens to falter at any time, I think Purito is quietly eyeing that top step.

Yeah, write off those two at your peril. :)

'Berto, Valverde, Rodriguez, three of the worlds greatest.

Not sure they will gamble on that, my feeling is they will look for a stage win for Nairo and try keep Valverde on the podium.

Ja, and I think that (depending on how sore he feels right now) today is a prime day for Nairo to hit back hard.

After a fall you only really know how bad it is after you wake up the next morning. If everything is ok and he's got full movement, I'm sure we're going to see a big attack from him today.

If we don't see a proper attack from Quintana, that will tell me his injuries are affecting him more seriously than he's made out. And then he'll just be playing bit parts for Valverde for the rest of the tour.

The one worrying aspect for Contador is the strength of his team i.e. not strong enough.

Its a point, certainly its the Saxo "B" team after they had their best at the tour, but of all the GC contenders in the peleton 'Berto is, in my opinion, the only one who can quite easily look after himself under almost all normal circumstances. Of course a flat or a fall or a mechanical could be disastrous for him, but he is well able to look after himself.

I put Quintana in my team today. So I am hoping all is good. He will have to make sure the team doesnt tip towards Valverde so I if he's up to it he will need to put a good show on today.

Ja, and I think that (depending on how sore he feels right now) today is a prime day for Nairo to hit back hard.

After a fall you only really know how bad it is after you wake up the next morning. If everything is ok and he's got full movement, I'm sure we're going to see a big attack from him today.

If we don't see a proper attack from Quintana, that will tell me his injuries are affecting him more seriously than he's made out. And then he'll just be playing bit parts for Valverde for the rest of the tour.

Yah, I agree.

Of course the instruction manual will say that "Berto now just needs to defend his position to win, and if it was any other rider I think thats what they would do, but 'Berto usually doesn't get those memo's, and when that steel plate in his head gets all heated up under the Spanish Sun it short circuits that neuron! :D

'Berto will want a stage win or two as well, when it will be is the question, ......depends how hot that plate gets.! :lol:

I hope we see some fireworks from Quintana today. If he can take some good time out of Berto it will make the rest of the race extremely exciting. If he cant, I doubt AC will be challenged by anyone. Froome is not close. With some luck he might be on the podium, but even that seems a long way away for him.