What Indoor Trainer to get for R7500

Greeting Hubbers,

A friend of mine is looking at spending around R7500 on an indoor trainer. She tested the Kinetic rock and roller and was taken by the idea that the system moves underneath you in an attempt to simulate being on the road.

My feeling is that this is a gimmick and the something like the Trax T2790 would be money better spent.

Link to Kinetic --- http://www.kurtkinet...p-312-l-en.html

Link to Trax --- http://www.cwcycles....bushido-tablets

Any advice on these or other suggestions within the budget would be most helpful.

Edited by MTB-m00se

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any chance she can squeeze the budget to say 10500....that opens up a whole new level or trainer.

She must save a little longer and get a powerbeam pro for ~R10 800. R7 500 is not hitting any value for money sweet spot.

snap snap snap....it is a bit of a no man's land bracket...cheap and cheerfull or shoot the lights out.

If she cannot do the R10k5, save yourself R4k from your R7k5 and buy a second hand Tacx Flow. No need for the Computer Game interface on a IDT. Flow might not be acurate, but it is repeatable.

If she cannot do the R10k5, save yourself R4k from your R7k5 and buy a second hand Tacx Flow. No need for the Computer Game interface on a IDT. Flow might not be acurate, but it is repeatable.

Nothing against your post but I dont think that is good advice. Indoor training is mind numbing if you just sit there and spin your mielie off....for that exact reason its worth it to spend a bit more and get something that is stimulating...something with backup...something that will dare I say, make IDT sessions fun.

Otherwise, it will just end up as a secondhand trainer on the classifieds...that you are suggesting the OP should buy.

Just when I think I've become immune to crazy cycling prices...ONLY R10.8k for an indoor trainer cos R7.5k doesn't really buy you much. What a flipping bargain. Not.

Nope not saying it doesnt buy you much, just that you will be better off dropping to an entry level trainer cause there aint much more functionality you getting....aka no man's land.

We are actually advising to not spend that much but rather go for something cheaper if budget cannot be extended

Edited by rouxtjie

sorry for highjack but

So what is the cheapest virtual trainer that can race online? :ph34r:

Edited by Mongoose!

sorry for highjack but

So what is the cheapest virtual trainer that can race online? :ph34r:

The boys from powertap ran a good special on either their fluid or mangneto trainers a while ago....dont know if its still going, check with them

I bought a Cycleops Jet Fluid Pro for 4.5k. Added the Ant+ usb thingy. Using their Virtual Training software.

I love the trainer and I do most of my training with Sufferfest videos which are brilliant.

Not wild about the VT software, but it gives me feedback. A trainer without software is going to get real dull real fast.

Not going to get a new Bushido for Ipad for R7500 that's for sure

Besides that....I wouldn't get one even if it was R7500 or even half of that

Top end trainers you looking at Kickr or Powerbeam...

Edited by rouxtjie