Unhappy with service from Concept Cyclery Cedar Square

Jeepdude

I thought according to consumer act if purchased something without viewing before ( ie online) you can return in certain time, might be wrong but check it out

No, not quite. You're thinking about unsolicited marketing and the cooling-off period. The crux is this issue is how the item was advertised. The condition "new" is obviously troubling. That's subjective - unless you look at the pic, of course - but this is clearly an "almost new" item (I'm being generous here). Private sales are a problem when it come to the CPA. There's no protection. Was the payment made to an individual or the shop?

Edit: Had another look at Jeep's screengrab - it states "dealer". Hammer them, Bertus! PM me for some more advice.

Edited by Tumbleweed

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should have gone for less than 1/2 that price used, and quite obvious they have done time,

I paid R1200.00 for one in similar condition (maybe a few more scratches) a while back.

Reading the first post I was thinking it is cosmetic damage you can live with....then I saw the pics. Seller has clearly taken advantage of the anonymity/separation factor in online sales. Prob hoping the buyer will cave bcos other options all cost more or take more time. Thanks for the heads up on this seller.

Intentional misrepresentation = fraud

Was the seller Concept Cyclery though, or someone who maybe works there and selling it personally? Whoever it is, they should be banned from selling on the Hub.

I am pretty furious for his sake ... I know a few people over at Spez and seriously considering taking this much further

definitely do this - its the only way this rubbish can be stopped. Also go to social media - they can't sue you for reporting facts. A complete legal defence to defamation is that the statements are true

Will take this further in the morning with renewed confidence thanks guys

Bud, make a stink about it!! We had an issue here on the North Coast with one of our club members. Her hubby & her were on the receiving end of seriously rubbish service. Name & shame......................how are they going to sue for voicing your displeasure on social media..................#bullies

Um, the Fourways branch is mentioned in the OP.

Oh. I don't know where Melrose Arch is. I assumed that CCMA in the user name would refer to the Melrose Arch shop.

Intentional misrepresentation = fraud

Was the seller Concept Cyclery though, or someone who maybe works there and selling it personally? Whoever it is, they should be banned from selling on the Hub.

have been INVOICED out by them. Newby had the piece of mind to ask for an invoice if anything goes pear shaped. I will post invoice here as well