Project BLACK: Part 1 - The Weight Weenie

Nick

As I understand it, that fork has no rebound properties and can be a pogo stick on repeated hits ... but then again it should perform well on the Grond Pad

Well.. he said if it gets to rough it pogo's and no dampening ,+lateral flex... rekon it would be cool on a road bike... sure WCXCO rock gardens are to rough for this ?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow - what a bike! Here I was thinking Vipa was bought for the ride - a lot like the Pyga. Builders producing this for the weight watchers proves otherwise. Amazing looking.

What breakset were they using and was it tuned aswell?

The brake set is stock Avid XX World Cup.

contacted Lauf last year, they do not sell forks on their own, and were only looking at partnering with manufacturers. Not sure if things have changed since then, but it would be pretty difficult to get your hands on just the fork, i would imagine.

They look like awesome forks. The only maintenance that would ever be required is that if one of the "leaves" breaks, remove and replace it.

I love the look of the fork, especially the red one, will look awesome on my all black sworks!!

contacted Lauf last year, they do not sell forks on their own, and were only looking at partnering with manufacturers. Not sure if things have changed since then, but it would be pretty difficult to get your hands on just the fork, i would imagine.

They look like awesome forks. The only maintenance that would ever be required is that if one of the "leaves" breaks, remove and replace it.

See you can order directly from their site now, $65 shipping anywhere in the world.

Go fit it :thumbup:

Mmm, 60mm fork travel - I'd be tempted to leave it off altogether and run a fat front tyre. Would look better too. And weigh 8kg instead of 8.5 :-) Shredtastic.

See you can order directly from their site now, $65 shipping anywhere in the world.

Go fit it :thumbup:

oh wow, i gave up on it. Awesome, thanks :D

GO GO GO SA!

Still gotta get sold on the front suspension look but what a frikkin great project SA

Yeah, something to be proud of, yet for every Vipa 1000 Spaz Epics gets sold in SA for some reason, don`t know why.

Yeah, something to be proud of, yet for every Vipa 1000 Spaz Epics gets sold in SA for some reason, don`t know why.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xhFXaFMscu8/T-bcrT27TiI/AAAAAAAAHcQ/G5o52aYDyjQ/s640/sheep.jpg