Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last year was far worse than 2013 which was windy but not unbearable.

From several veterans, I heard that 2014 was the worst/windiest since the infamous 2009.

Not a chance. 2010 was far windier, along the whole route. 

2010 was my first Argus and what a freakin welcome!! Glad I missed 2009. (phew)

2014 I would say was very close if not equal to 2010, but 2011, '12 and '13 were fairly good whether.

Does CTCT offer live tracking of athletes like OMTOM does?

It did for a few years, not sure if its still in place. It was just a matter of texting your race number and then the person would get updates from 3 or 4 check points along the route.

It did for a few years, not sure if its still in place. It was just a matter of texting your race number and then the person would get updates from 3 or 4 check points along the route.

this is a seriously bad idea !

they will know that one stops at the pubs along the way !

what's the gradient of suikerbos and Chappies- this is my first attempt.

Best climbs!After Little Chappies you come around the corner and see the top of Chappies,then it is only 2km to the top.Vasbyt! When you get tired just look at the view or talk to the guy suffering next to you.Psyco bossie is great because you are going to be tired and hot,but the atmosphere is incredible with all the crowds cheering and the music pumping.You will think you are getting heat stroke because you are sweating but you will also have goosebumps.Look out for the Rhodes Dr MiCiti bus stop,Once you get there,you are almost over it and then it downhill to Campsbay.HAVE FUN!!

Archived