Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

very very true. those would be the bucket listers and decided around a braai types

haha, probably be surprised how many people just decided one evening while having a braai to punish themselves :w00t:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was one of them last year...

did the sum total of 2 training rides both 80km within a month of the World champs....

soema decided I may as well go for 21

and here we are

If all you have left is to get off and walk, you have no rights! Clear? Just kidding! Pull over and walk on the FAR LEFT!

Remember to PULL OVER ,don't stop in the middle and then walk over to the left.Same thing at the water points.

I was one of them last year...

did the sum total of 2 training rides both 80km within a month of the World champs....

soema decided I may as well go for 21

and here we are

Same here. I was asked a couple of times if I was gonna do it. I said no, then when entries opened I instantly booked my spot in the queue. 

Sum total of 80 training km, and normal regular rides in Tokai every weekend, which total 12-15km or so. But those are fun. 

I'm gonna kuk off on my roadie... 

Same here. I was asked a couple of times if I was gonna do it. I said no, then when entries opened I instantly booked my spot in the queue. 

Sum total of 80 training km, and normal regular rides in Tokai every weekend, which total 12-15km or so. But those are fun. 

I'm gonna kuk off on my roadie... 

12-15km MTB rides every weekend...I think you gonna be OK  :thumbup:

You'll be surprised what those mountain bike rides do for your strength and fitness.

Especially the push up when I'm rocking the fool face. Damn. Plus, I'm pushing harder and harder to stay ahead of Marko35s's lightie. Boy's getting fast on the way down! 

Reminds me - I need another bottle cage. Not riding with my camelbak this time around. Just my hempie and baggies, and a top-tube bag for my nom noms. 

Went out on the road for the 1st time this year yesterday !

How does Krugersdorp Hill compare to Suikerbos?

Total of 64 km at the Cradle training for the Argus- Eish

It is with great pleasure that Cycling South Africa, Pedal Power Association and the Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust announce that an agreement has been reached between the three organizations in respect of the 2015 Cape Town Cycle Tour. The outcome of recent discussions between the parties is that the events of the Cape Town Lifecycle Week have been placed on the National Cycling Calendar of CSA.

This now clears the way for riders from across the board, both licensed and unlicen...sed, to participate without fear of sanction in the events of the Cape Town Cycle Tour Lifecycle Week. Cycling South Africa, Pedal Power Association and the Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust are committed to pursuing discussions to ensure that the three organisations work together to ensure that cycling across the spectrum in South Africa benefits from a clear and unified approach.

Quoted from Facebook, Very Good News!

Just finished the big yearly "Argus" service for all the team DJR bikes today. Fixed one niggly bike computer. Replaced one pair of shot tyres and one frayed cable. Cleaned, all shiny and spotless, lubed and ready to go. Taper week, then easy week, then D-day!  :clap:

So what you guys recommend for Tapering down before a big event, I think I over trained for 99er because I just was not feeling fresh at all and kept cramping,

Thinking I will do the Tuesday and Thursday PPA Ride around Killarney this week, go have some fun on MTB with Family on Saturday (22km MTB ride) maybe a 50KM ride Monday morning with one easy 20KM Thursday the week before D-Day?

A one hour, low intensity session on the watt bike on Monday followed by a sport message on Tuesday. Then a short 5-10 km ride on Saturday morning to make sure everything is ok! 

Also 8 hours of sleep every night and waking up the same time as race day for the week  :thumbup:

Went out on the road for the 1st time this year yesterday !

How does Krugersdorp Hill compare to Suikerbos?

Total of 64 km at the Cradle training for the Argus- Eish

not sure if Suikerbosrand nature reserve is still open but go do that for a taste of what to expect. :) 

So what you guys recommend for Tapering down before a big event, I 

a lot of rain and cold weather this week in Northern Europe + a very busy schedule for my last working week = doesn't leave much opportunity for riding. I hope to do a long ride (+80km) on sunday, will be good to kill some time before heading for the airport in the evening and start our 3 week SA adventure!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Archived