Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

So far the prediction looks like wind, not 2009 levels, but more than last year.  Still early days, but I doubt that will change.  With this tour you have a choice: wind or heat.

Most of it would not be too bad, it is just those crosswind gusts from Hout Bay to Camps Bay.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of us are in the hurt box at this time next week.

For sure. I will be in that box also. Hoping against training on a 3.30.

Shikesters, the WIND was rough this morning. Did one last little leg shaker around Cape Point and it turned out to be a bloody hard ride. The bit from Smitwinkels to Kommetjie was great fun though. You could just sit and the bike and the wind made for an effortless 50 km/h run. So, now all that is left is a few more easy little rides and some pasta eating and beer drinking!  7 Days to HOOPLAH! :clap:

Guys is it still possible to get a substitution?

Nope, sorry, but all hope is not lost. If you have a non SA passport, you can still get an international entry. I would contact the Cycle Tour ASAP. Otherwise you can ask them if there are still any charity entries available. If some of the charities haven't sold all their allotted tickets, you might be lucky enough to still get one. Try anyway, you never know.

Nope, sorry, but all hope is not lost. If you have a non SA passport, you can still get an international entry. I would contact the Cycle Tour ASAP. Otherwise you can ask them if there are still any charity entries available. If some of the charities haven't sold all their allotted tickets, you might be lucky enough to still get one. Try anyway, you never know.

Even an SA passport will do but you'll need to log in from outside of the ZA internet domain. Drive across to Lesotho, Zim or Namibie, register there and come back. Or give your details and credit card number to a relative/friend residing elsewhere to register for you. :ph34r:

Even an SA passport will do but you'll need to log in from outside of the ZA internet domain. Drive across to Lesotho, Zim or Namibie, register there and come back. Or give your details and credit card number to a relative/friend residing elsewhere to register for you. :ph34r:

Jislaaik, Hubbers are innovative! :thumbup:  :clap:

Well, this is my last post from the northern hemisphere. See y'all in CPT :clap: :clap: :clap:

whoop whoop!

Safe travels!!

I have just handed my bike in for transport. This is her last journey and hopefully her longest (and most climbing meters). The new built is scheduled for Friday. I am actually nervous tonight. Bad weather could limit my planned ride to 50%. Lekker to be excited again.

Archived