Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

The nets are nowhere near the fire. The sections that's burning is the northern slope. Chapmans Peak is closed due to the smoke on the northern slope and the need for Firemen to gain access. Don't need dumbasses taking pics for instagram and then needing tobe rescued while the firemen have real jobs to do.

The lodge that burnt down is close to the toll gate, and on the ocean side of the road, so a large amount of vegetation is gone on that side.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey All, I would top up on Vitamins this week, seems to be a lot of Cold and Flu Viruses going around, My Wife and Daughter both got colds and it feels like I may be getting one too, Dosing myself crazy with Corenza C and Vits.

Also take it easy if you are doing any training rides, the smoke in the air from these huge fires can't be good for a person.

Yes but I suspect the tarmac will also have been damaged. Lets see how s this plays out. By Wednesday the City and Cycle tour trsut will need to make a call. Boyes drive is not really an issue but I doubt we'll go that way.

The major issue is the state of the tarmacadam on Chapmans Peakdrive where the fire leapt across the road. If that can be repairs then we should be good to go. If not then its over Ou KaapseWeg again :(

Well it is good news if the wind pumps now. It can pump all the way to Saturday, sommer 100km/h strong. Then come Sunday it will be too tired to blow at all.

I remember last year. The wind pumping like mad on race day and then on Monday there was nothing, nada, niks. A beautiful day like in Gauteng.

It's a pity about the fires though.

First tour and I have an expo question. Are there deals to be had? There is a large bike expo where I used to live and I us ed to show up on the first day and score lots of freebies.

I have ZERO gear with me, so I need to go on a shopping spree. Clothes, saddle bags, tools, the works. Is the expo for me? Is showing up early on Thursday too early? Sometimes exhibitors are not ready.

First tour and I have an expo question. Are there deals to be had? There is a large bike expo where I used to live and I us ed to show up on the first day and score lots of freebies.

I have ZERO gear with me, so I need to go on a shopping spree. Clothes, saddle bags, tools, the works. Is the expo for me? Is showing up early on Thursday too early? Sometimes exhibitors are not ready.

They will be ready for you! Don't expect many "freebies" but you can buy EVERYTHING you need. You will first go through the section of all the official tour merchandise right after you've picked up your number. Then go upstairs to the proper expo. So don't get into the initial part and think that's all. Hope that answers you questions.

I am sure it will be out by tonight. Tomorrow at the latest. The firefighting measures seem to have it under control. The challenge is the sparks are setting new patches alight

I'm sending a non cyclist to colect how will this work?

And then I do not have a race number, how can I get this.

• Just give your chip to the person who is collecting for you.
  • You should have got your race number in an email, but if not you can speak to the people at the Racetec desk in the check-in area and they'll be able to look up your race number from your chip.

If not then its over Ou KaapseWeg again :(

Ou Kaapse Weg from which side? Tokai?

Half the field won't make it up there :eek:

Ou Kaapse Weg from which side? Tokai?

Half the field won't make it up there :eek:

Agree, that is one nasty climb!

Hey All, I would top up on Vitamins this week, seems to be a lot of Cold and Flu Viruses going around, My Wife and Daughter both got colds and it feels like I may be getting one too, Dosing myself crazy with Corenza C and Vits.

I moved my desk at work this morning. This "koei" sitting next to me have been pulling up her nose like an Addo elephant since yesterday. Told her if you are sick, please go home. No, she needs to do this and that and can only leave this afternoon.

So I left! :cursing:  :thumbdown:

Agree, that is one nasty climb!

Last time I went up there the wind was blowing straight down it. 75% of the field wont make that climb if the wind blows like that day. I had to stop, or get blown into traffic.

• Just give your chip to the person who is collecting for you.
  • You should have got your race number in an email, but if not you can speak to the people at the Racetec desk in the check-in area and they'll be able to look up your race number from your chip.

Thanks for the reply.

Hope my Racetec number will do since ill only be there after registration is closed.

No e-mail to me only my spouse and her number. Must have my e-mail wrong on the system.

I moved my desk at work this morning. This "koei" sitting next to me have been pulling up her nose like an Addo elephant since yesterday. Told her if you are sick, please go home. No, she needs to do this and that and can only leave this afternoon.

So I left! :cursing:  :thumbdown:

:clap:  :clap:

Archived