Postal Strike?

AJG

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so whats the latest on the strikes? guessing they are still on? any end in sight?

also out of curiosity... do you get paid while you are on strike?

• 4 weeks later...

That's what they say every week, STRIKE OVER!!

Thought it had ended 2 weeks ago already, even the lady at the post office said as much

Ok now i am not sure. I checked this morning and it in transit 2014/11/17, just checked again now, and that date has somehow changed from 17th to the 18th on the same entry. maybe they are just going to scan it there everyday to make it look like it is moving...

had some movement with one of my parcels... its ready to be picked up from capemail!

although the parcel sent with it (from the same place at the same time) that was given a separate tracking number is still in customs joburg

The post office in Cape Town says there is a strike in Joburg that has been going on for two weeks. I have a CRC parcel at the Joburg International Mail centre. Tried looking online for info about the strike but there does not seem to be anything recent. Anyone else effected by this or know whats going on?

The strikes have been ongoing for about 9 months affecting various outlets... the were long discussions on the hub... i ordered about 7 packages om ebay since May this year and only got 2 delivered so far... so yes the small untracked packages takes months in my case.  :thumbdown:

Yeah, been some movement on my parcel too.  :clap:

From JHB it went to CT :blink: , from CT it has now finally arrived at DBN.

Now... How long will it take to get to Hilton PO????

Still waiting for one of my parcels to get scanned in at JHB International Mail ... Nothing yet and its been a month since it was shipped from the states

I had to write an exam the other day for a professional certification. The exam was focussed on a number of our acts of which one was the labour relations act, and what I read there about the right to strike was scary...the govt only has themselves to blame and unfortunately we bear the brunt

Girlfriend just went to PO in Blue Route mall and they are closed due to non payment of rent

Still waiting for one of my parcels to get scanned in at JHB International Mail ... Nothing yet and its been a month since it was shipped from the states

Ditto

And mine was shipped on 22 Sept!

Archived