Who has the right of way?

georges

when i see chit like this that I remember why I'm not heartwarmingly-welcoming to new cyclists. Give way to the cyclist that trained longer and harder than you did

doesn't sound like you know what half a second means in a race where a very few half seconds is the difference between win or lose, podium or crowdphoto

Actually I'm not done.

The recent Nanaga inaugural race. I catch up to a female rider before she enters a building we had to cycle through. She is hardly my shoulder height and "drives a 29'er". So before she enters the building I politely ask to pass as obviously im uber nippy on my 26'er. Now try and picture this- a short girl on a big too big for her, trying to get up a single step but she is too tired. Here I am, building up rage because i'm waiting 2-3 minutes for her to get up that step and walk through the building (while im trackstand-rolling my way through) and it would have taken only HALF A SECOND to let me pass and be on my merry way.

Don't be scum, if someone catches up, they deserve to pass you and you ought to respect fellow cyclists, even in race conditions!

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No it doesnt....but then marathon races requires a mixed bag of skills..so if they are in front of you, its because they are better at you wrt to some

Make peace with it

Then why am I trying to pass them if they are better?

Just to annoy me.....

Whats the big deal with moving over?I do it without hesitation.Its just like i keep left on the pavement

Maybe the oke stopped for a crap or is in the longer route and is catching up with the shorties...who cares

What is the big deal with letting the oke ride at his pace down the singletrack instead of screaming track like a banshee...rather stop and wait for a gap when you can bomb down at your leisure.

If the oke had a crap, well then he needs to drop the kids of at the pool before he is in the chute...

Oh...now we are racing again....mmmm. See he/she is also racing and want to have the best time possible...its up to you to pass safely, not for him/her to move over. No matter which way we cut it, they are infront of you for a reason...

Better batch

Better climber

Work on those and you wont have the frustration.

Don't hate the dirt roadies (not that I am one of them of course). Top Tip: When starting make sure you are at the front of the bunch and stay there. If possible put the hammer down and gap the rest, you should be free to enjoy the single track without getting in anyones way. You're welcome.

Then why am I trying to pass them if they are better?

They are in front of you arent they....hence they are better at that specific spot in the race. Not rocket science.

Actually I'm not done.

The recent Nanaga inaugural race. I catch up to a female rider before she enters a building we had to cycle through. She is hardly my shoulder height and "drives a 29'er". So before she enters the building I politely ask to pass as obviously im uber nippy on my 26'er. Now try and picture this- a short girl on a big too big for her, trying to get up a single step but she is too tired. Here I am, building up rage because i'm waiting 2-3 minutes for her to get up that step and walk through the building (while im trackstand-rolling my way through) and it would have taken only HALF A SECOND to let me pass and be on my merry way.

Don't be scum, if someone catches up, they deserve to pass you and you ought to respect fellow cyclists, even in race conditions!

Deep breath.....count to 10. :whistling:

What is the big deal with letting the oke ride at his pace down the singletrack instead of screaming track like a banshee...rather stop and wait for a gap when you can bomb down at your leisure.

If the oke had a crap, well then he needs to drop the kids of at the pool before he is in the chute...

Did you remember to get that stash of 'pomps' from Oom Chris all that time ago?? Looks like some ou's are warming up on this thread to get some....

Who is screaming like a banshee sunshine.....

No it doesnt....but then marathon races requires a mixed bag of skills..so if they are in front of you, its because they are better at you wrt to some

Make peace with it

Ahem.... Who caught up to who ??

Don't hate the dirt roadies (not that I am one of them of course). Top Tip: When starting make sure you are at the front of the bunch and stay there. If possible put the hammer down and gap the rest, you should be free to enjoy the single track without getting in anyones way. You're welcome.

Hardly hatin oom....also a proud member of said club. How do you know you are a dirt roadie

Own a roadbike

Love climbing & flats on district road

Know every inch of breedtsnek training route

Love racin

Not too good with tech stuff and rocks...

Know your FTP / MMP / Power to weight ratio for 20 min effort

yep, I am a dirtroadie

Did you remember to get that stash of 'pomps' from Oom Chris all that time ago?? Looks like some ou's are warming up on this thread to get some....

whahahahha everytime I tell you...I see cwc is running a request bargain thread....I need to ask about pompe again

Dirkitect by the looks of things.

Seems he has a problem with people being in front of him. Should put him behind the wheel of a blue lighter so he can have people move over for him on the freeways.

No man, not saying you are...just some, the same okes that come the first little bump shoot out the back of the group like a snot rocket