Dark Horse Brands appointed as exclusive distributor for Trek & Bontrager in South Africa

News bot

What's it got you wondering Horacio...?

"Some staff that were working with the Trek Brand before have moved across to Dark Horse to try and maintain some continuity."

But this particular person isn't just working for you he is the Managing Director of the new company. The previous company wasn't exactly known for its continuity of supply or customer service so it would be nice to know who is involved in the new company, and their committment to customer service.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But this particular person isn't just working for you he is the Managing Director of the new company. The previous company wasn't exactly known for its continuity of supply or customer service so it would be nice to know who is involved in the new company, and their committment to customer service.

From what was said here all the previous staff is now with the "new" company

Our initial focus is on re establishing product supply to the market and building a dealer network worthy of the Trek brand. A bit vague I know, but you really don't want to know all the nuts & bolts, suffice it to say that our goal is to set the benchmark for service levels in the industry.

WRT warranty claims consumers can contact us directly to start the claim process, but it will need to be finalised through a cycle dealer in the Trek network.

At this stage we will continue to support the riders that are currently riding on Trek.

Anything else?

Yes where are my Mule Bar samples I paid the postage for and never got them years ago?

Ok, so who really cares what the company is called, however I do have to wonder how much this new company knows about the industry if they have never heard of Dark Horse Wheels? Really? I am not "in" the industry and I know all about Dark Horse Wheels........ Anyway if Dark Horse wheels challenge them they are in pole position to win the case as they have used the name for a significant period of time within the cycling industry and are well known (except to the the new Trek distributor). Dark Horse cosmetics etc etc are not relevant as they do not operate in the same industry and I highly doubt that they would even object or that their registration is even in the same category.........Its just good business practice to avoid these issues and conflicts.... Hands up all hubbers who have heard of Dark Horse Wheels?? Oh yes, one other thing, If Dark Horse Wheels knows about an infringement on their trademark and do not challenge it, they may loose the right to keep it............thats assuming they have registered "Dark Horse Wheels" as a trademark and not just as a CC..... I see a race to the registration office as we speak...........

my thoughts exactly, it doesn't really inspire confidence in the new brand agents if they appear to know less about the local industry than joe public customer.

best course of action would be to get hold of the wheels guys and admit their oversight and hammer out a simple agreement that recognises each other's interests.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...