Simple Diet changes vs Supplements

Jace

Thank you!! It doesnt matter how you do the eggs? Poach, boil, scramble,fry? guess not fry due to the oil? Thanks again

lots of good butter or coconut oil, then you get your yummy fat in as well. This will help to stay feeling satisfied for longer

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cycle 4 times in the week and Saturdays and eat healthy

There is no pill to shake the fat

Actually there are pills to shake the fat...

So far:

1. More water

2. No sups - by majority vote

3. Less carbs! -- going wrong here!!

4. Train 4 times in the week - i do 3.. I need to increase this.

5. No alcohol (or moderate intake) - i dont drink..thankfully..

6. No choc for lunch..easy job i'll buy them for my wife instead :D

Thanks all the contributors!

For weight loss/gain, it doesn't matter what diet you choose.

You can do Atkins, Tim Noakes diet, No carb, high carb... the list goes on.

It all comes down to calories in vs calories out.

If you are willing to put in the effort, the only sure way is to count calories.

You start by determining your avg calorie expenditure during the day. (there are loads of calculators online for this)

Then you just eat between 0 and 500 calories below that.

To build lean muscle, it has been proved through numerous studies that a ratio of 50:30:20 (carbs, protein, fat) is optimal for muscle building. This still gives you enough carbs to fuel your workouts.

I suggest you read more at http://forum.simplyshredded.com/topic/13958/simply-shredded-faq/

If you want to build muscle and lose bodyfat, look at the people that does it best: bodybuilders.

Thermogenic supplements do work, but the effect is neglectable.

So far:

1. More water

Build muscle and fitness in the gym.Lose weight in the kitchen.

So far:

1. More water

Ding ding - we have a winner.

I'm a bit olde school - no magic pills or bullets. Reduce intake and increase exercise - can't go wrong on that formula.

+1 on Stewie911's advice.

It's all about balance - me I like to eat a lot and chocolate so I add more exercise to counteract that. If I was a bit more strict on my diet I could get away with less exercise but who wants to eat less? Blurgh!

I dont like the Low carb high fat, or High Protein No carb thing. Its stupid. Its not a lifestyle change that most people would be able to maintain with our lifestyles and pocket depth ;-)

Moderation for me is key. Train 4 days a week. High'ish protein with moderate carbs. For me, 4 meals a day work ok, and i still enjoy living. Food is good...it must be enjoyed...why deprive yourself because of a ever-changing theory by one man.

Anyway...general rule of the intake comes from my gymming days. Body weight x 2 to 2.5 = Protein intake. For me, thats 85 x 2 = 170 grams per day. Your body generally will only be able to process between 20 - 30grams of protein at a time. To put that into perspective...a can of tuna is about 25 grams of protein. An egg is around 6grams of protein

Carb intake is less obviously, and I work on Body weight x 1.5. If i need to drop some extra weight, i lessen the carb intake.

Our bodies CAN handle carbs. Its amount and type of carbs that hurt us.

You dont need fat burners...ive used them...and its not a good long term solution.

Train more and and try as much as possible to stay away from junk food, processed foods, and McDonalds !!

For weight loss/gain, it doesn't matter what diet you choose.

You can do Atkins, Tim Noakes diet, No carb, high carb... the list goes on.

It all comes down to calories in vs calories out.

Exactly, but you have to compensate and be sensible on a daily basis.

Eat what you like, life is to short to force yourself to eat stuff you don't really want to.

Monitor your weight every morning when you get out of bed and just after you wee, if its creeping up eat less exercise more.

Care to elaborate on the "eat healthy" part? I stay away from fizzy drinks and junk food but still struggle with belly fat. I have monitored my portions closely the last two weeks and short of weighing them i think i am eating less than i was a month ago but i still cant shake off a gram!

Like V12 said, I would be eating super carefully and in the middle of triathlon season training hard and would sometimes gain a little weight.

Switched to LCHF and dropped 20 kg's

Exactly, but you have to compensate and be sensible on a daily basis.

Eat what you like, life is to short to force yourself to eat stuff you don't really want to.

Monitor your weight every morning when you get out of bed and just after you wee, if its creeping up eat less exercise more.

Fully agree with this. I actually started to follow the IIFYM(If it fit your macros) diet. I know how many carbs/protein/fat/fibre I want to eat daily in order to be healthy and then eat whatever fits in there.

I would never give up bread/pizza/pasta/chocolates/hamburgers

Like V12 said, I would be eating super carefully and in the middle of triathlon season training hard and would sometimes gain a little weight.

Switched to LCHF and dropped 20 kg's

I can gain 2kg's in a weekend if I drink beer on a Friday night.... that 20kg's off must have done wonders for your race times.

I can gain 2kg's in a weekend if I drink beer on a Friday night.... that 20kg's off must have done wonders for your race times.

Im the same, could gain weight for a joke but was impossible to lose it.

Since I lost the weight everything has changed, I wasnt terrible before but I have shaved so much time off in all the distances I used to measure for running and cycling.

I lost 25kgs doing a combination of LCLowF and 150 -200kms of a cycling a week. The 1st 15kgs took 6 months, the last 10kgs took a year. When I got to my goal weight, I started taking USN LipoXT (only 2 capsules before breakfast M-F), as, as thin as I was (75kgs, 179cm), I could not lose the tummy. I also started letting some carbs back into my diet (2 slices of low GI bread at lunch and some potato or pasta at night).

I have since lost most of the tummy but have only gained 2 kgs and have now managed to keep that weight for 2 years. Even when I cut down to 100kms a week in winter, I reckon the LipoXT helped keep the winter layer away.

However, you have to find the balance amongst all three AND adapt to an new eating/exercise lifestyle to keep the weight off permanently.

Edited by Dazshell