2015 Giant Reign 2 availability?

Brawler

My bike shop missed the last available Large Reign by about 5 minutes - some guy in Cape Town is gonna be a happy boy in a day or two.

Me - I will have to wait for the next shipment to come in... which is probably a good thing, so my shoulder can heal a bit.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My bike shop missed the last available Large Reign by about 5 minutes - some guy in Cape Town is gonna be a happy boy in a day or two.

Me - I will have to wait for the next shipment to come in... which is probably a good thing, so my shoulder can heal a bit.

1000% bro. Wait till it's healed. If you had the bike now, you'd push your recovery too hard. You know you would.

Sounds like a blast of a bike. My 2013 reign needed a lot of shock and fork tweaking. I suspect because it was all Fox. How was teh bar height on the climbs, bearing in mind you don't have travel adjust. I use my lower position (120mm travel) a lot on climbs and even flatter descents where the weight over the front helps with cornering? Oh, ya, what is the weight like?

I want to remove the spacers from under the stem and rather put them on top as I do find the bars a bit high and I have long arms. On steep inclines I have had no issue with bar height or front wheel lifting.

Haven't weighed the bike but I think I read its about 14KG excl pedals. The first day I felt it when pushing up a super steep incline, compared to my stumpjumper but some how I find this bike a lot easier to pedal up hill. Its probably got to do with the correct size of bike. Maestro suspension is FAR more efficient ITO pedalling as well.

Odd story, I was told by a reliable source that I got the only Large from the first shipment. I got my bike via a JHB shop but I live in Cape Town :P

They were probably referring to me haha.

Odd story, I was told by a reliable source that I got the only Large from the first shipment. I got my bike via a JHB shop but I live in Cape Town :P

This happened this morning, so it must have been another guy - I am sure you'll see it on the trails in CPT.

This happened this morning, so it must have been another guy - I am sure you'll see it on the trails in CPT.

I spoke to a sales rep from Dragons the day the Reign landed, they did have one large that hadn't been booked at that stage which was after you booked yours :thumbup:

Thanks for the feedback.

There was a large and a medium available yesterday morning - my shop checked. Silly Dragon's for bringing in so few - the bike will sell piles as that # thing gets more popular and people start riding proper MTBS :-) 

Weird buying strategy from the importer. If i want a Trance frame, i need to wait until Feb next year, same goes for a Trance SX :-)

Decisions, decisions!!

Any word when the next Reigns will arrive?

Anyone got an idea of ETA for the Giant Anthem x 29er? Pre-ordered 2bikes and paid deposit from a shop in Josie but no news yet...?

Thanks for the feedback.

There was a large and a medium available yesterday morning - my shop checked. Silly Dragon's for bringing in so few - the bike will sell piles as that # thing gets more popular and people start riding proper MTBS :-) 

Pretty much all of our local distributors refuse to see a market for anything other than XCM stuff. There are a few exceptions, but IMO the low volumes thing becomes a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy as anybody interested in big-hitters won't even bother looking locally - they'll go straight overseas because they know they'll find nothing here.

/rant

No one knows.

Why not look at Ruperts Carbon Sx and top of the line fox goodies?

Weird buying strategy from the importer. If i want a Trance frame, i need to wait until Feb next year, same goes for a Trance SX :-)

Decisions, decisions!!

Any word when the next Reigns will arrive?

Pretty much all of our local distributors refuse to see a market for anything other than XCM stuff. There are a few exceptions, but IMO the low volumes thing becomes a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy as anybody interested in big-hitters won't even bother looking locally - they'll go straight overseas because they know they'll find nothing here.

/rant

Too true. Everyone is raving about being so spolied for choice for a.m / enduro kind of rides, and yip, on an international level, the choice is great, but locally, were pretty poked

Giant - Aziko stock

LaPierre - Dont think any stock their either

Pyga Pascoe - Only goes up to a L

???????

Too true. Everyone is raving about being so spolied for choice for a.m / enduro kind of rides, and yip, on an international level, the choice is great, but locally, were pretty pokedGiant - Aziko stockLaPierre - Dont think any stock their eitherPyga Pascoe - Only goes up to a L???????

I might have to use the S-word...

I might have to use the S-word...

The one built on a 26" Frame????

S needs to do some proper homework first i think!

The one built on a 26" Frame????S needs to do some proper homework first i think!

Haha it was just a suggestion :P + I think the 650b only goes up to Large as well. Brawler, you nearly bought one didn't you? ;)

Anyone got an idea of ETA for the Giant Anthem x 29er? Pre-ordered 2bikes and paid deposit from a shop in Josie but no news yet...?

If I may ask....what 29er you Pre-ordered and did you have prices on the 2015 bikes?

Archived