2014 UCI Road World Championships Ponferrada

jcza

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“To be so close to the world title and to see it slip away in the final few kilometers ... I knew I had good legs. If things had unfolded a little bit differently in the final I could have... I could cry..."

Gerro'

I watched that.. guys are so fast average just under 21km/h.[emoji15] with their feet.

There was a comment on here once that the winner of the Comrades runs faster than some people cycle the Amashova.

In school I ran 800m in 1:53 (that's about 25km/h), so 21km/h over 42km/h is something insane

I don't really feel for the runners up. Gilbert was the only guy realising Kwiat was going to stay away and he pushed hard for the bulk of the last few km's, with everyone else just content to sit on his wheel. They only started pulling once it was too late.

I would also want to cry if I was Gerro, because he did it to himself.

Amazing ride by Kwiatkowski! That's what it takes to be World Champion! Some people deserve the rainbow stripes more than others. He's one of them.

Erm....ja...Simon Gerrans.All these ozzies are confusing.

Thought you were poking fun at the struggling sprinter in Gossie...

Bold, brave move and great to see a decent win in the Worlds for a change! ie not a wheel sucker getting lucky.

Mikal started off the year impressively, his victory on Strade Bianche was just as gutsy as this performance. He then seemed to then have had a flat season, perhaps he was over-raced. He is a great guy for the sport as well, modest, let the action do the talking style.

#FlowerPower

http://youtu.be/Cfk-SX6xjMM 

Archived