Die Burger 2014

GLuvsMtb

Here's a conspiracy theory for you, Die Burger (Stellenbosch) and The Herald (PE) Cycle Tours are both very quiet at the moment about when entries will open.

Do you think there could be something to that co-incidence?

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a conspiracy theory for you, Die Burger (Stellenbosch) and The Herald (PE) Cycle Tours are both very quiet at the moment about when entries will open.

Do you think there could be something to that co-incidence?

My guess is that they are in discussions with the new sponsors?

Just contacted this number (087 820 7223) and a guy there (Saud) said that no date has been confirmed but entries will open later this week. Also the price for the long distance will be R310 for ppa members and R330 non ppa. Races are fast becoming ridiculously expensive with R65 increase for this race from last year’s price of R245.

Just contacted this number (087 820 7223) and a guy there (Saud) said that no date has been confirmed but entries will open later this week. Also the price for the long distance will be R310 for ppa members and R330 non ppa. Races are fast becoming ridiculously expensive with R65 increase for this race from last year’s price of R245.

hehehehehe... Notice says next week...

And again, I will vote with my wallet and choose not to do this race.

Tired of being ripped a new one everytime a race changes name or a new sponsor comes aboard :cursing:  :cursing: .

Guess I will have to arrange a "training ride" or two over the route in November. At least I can do that without having to pay R310.00!! :whistling:  :ph34r:

There is no way I am paying R310 for that race. Are they flippen mal. 

25% increase - will the race be 25% better... I doubt it. Let me know about those training rides Andre. Setup some strava segments. each throw in R50 and winner takes home the kitty ... that should keep the pace high

25% increase - will the race be 25% better... I doubt it. Let me know about those training rides Andre. Setup some strava segments. each throw in R50 and winner takes home the kitty ... that should keep the pace high

:thumbup:

That is alot for a race must say.... but what gets to me is the very small discount for PPA members... i mean only R20 less than someone that doesn't support/signed up to PPA... really?

The "benefits" of a PPA membership is fading fast for me....to be honest! :thumbdown:

:thumbup:  And the winner will have $$ to pay for the race ..... :clap:

That is alot for a race must say.... but what gets to me is the very small discount for PPA members... i mean only R20 less than someone that doesn't support/signed up to PPA... really?

The "benefits" of a PPA membership is fading fast for me....to be honest! :thumbdown:

True hey, only thing still doing it it for me is the seeding. But ja, R20, they should not even bother.

Kinda screwed if you want to use this as  a seeding event. Got you by the balls then hey!

Archived