What is your favourite shop in Cape Town?

MarickH

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you live in Slummies, then William at Williams Bike Shop should serve you well.

Have to agree with this.

For complete bikes... cycle factory in montague gardens, for parts Chris willemse !! For "deals" online shopping (Merlin cycles, Chain reaction, Bike24, wiggle, Evans cycles) etc. Online is worth it if you buy alot... but for the once offs ... local is ...eeeemmm... ok

Hi everyone, I hope asking this isn't against the rules.

What is your favourite bike shop in Cape Town and surrounds, and why?

I am looking for a shop with a good range and solid advice.

I live in Somerset West, but don't mind travelling.

I only see now your looking for advice.... but you'll get all the advice on here for free !!! Whoop whoop!! The hub rules...

My vote goes to "Recycles" in Durban Road. All round good experience when visiting them in the past.

Epic Bike Shop in Wynberg if you want the best service in the peninsula.  Nev and Lance both ride a lot and are excellent mechanics.  In other shops the guy you speak to does not work on your bike, at Epic it is different.  I have tried them all and Epic are the best by far.  Honest advise to their detriment sometimes.  

Morning and welcome to The Hub. 

Cycle Factory Shop in Montague Gardens. Great advise and service and best of all great prices. 

Cool guys too.

+ 1  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Ask for Julian to work on your bike.

Just be careful of Pieter, he will want to try and convert you to become a roadie!! :whistling:

Edited by Khoisan

My favourite would have to be Trail & Tar in Tokai. Really helpful bunch of guys.

I would second this.

Every time I manage to do something ridiculous they have been very helpful with advice and repairs.

Bridge Cycles. Its far but in case of an emergency give them a try, they keep plenty stock.

Used to like them but have been put off lately by a very unhelpful attitude from some of the staff.

"I'm looking for these pins for my pedal, do you have stock?"

"No"

Turns and walks away...

I called in at Trail & Tar with the same question and although they didn't have stock they took the time to direct me to a place where I could find the item.

I know who will be getting my business in future.