Why do you need cadence??

Pointer

Thanks Gen... I'm keen if you can find the sensor.  The gps is no train smash....I can continue logging strava with my phone. :)

this might be an option for you then

http://www.easybike.co.za/garmin-garmin-ant-adapter-for-iphone.html

See it plugs into your phone and can then receive Ant+ peripheral data...only thing is battery life on the phone.

With this setup, the cadence sensor I am offering should work.

edit...note that it wont work with newer iphones with the smaller input

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Gen... I'm keen if you can find the sensor. The gps is no train smash....I can continue logging strava with my phone. :)

I will have a look tonight and let you know. .

Thanks Gen... I'm keen if you can find the sensor.  The gps is no train smash....I can continue logging strava with my phone. :)

STRAAAAAAAAAAAAAVA!

The gps and speed calculator is a nice to have. Its simply tell you the stats afterwards where you been and what speed you where doing. 

The Cadence sensor is my most valued sensor on my bike. It tells me what i am doing right now! As soon as i start feeling tired i can guarantee you that my cadence has dropped. I just keep an eye on the read out and when my cadence drops below 80rpm for me i drop a gear. Currently averaging a cadence of 87 rpm on rides of 50km or so.  

I will have a look tonight and let you know. .

I have a Bryton GPS 20 with HRM in a drawer, free if you want it. 

unsure if it links with ANT+ devices...

Legendary H...who says it doesnt pay to be a girl and blond.

Take him up on this blondie...if it can receive ant+ signals, which I think it can, it should work with the cadence sensor I have

And I def almost 100 %sure I have cadence sensor for that bryton (it's the polar one I am not sure of) to go with that.. I assume the bryton sensors work with all units.

This is def a good time to sort out the bike accessory cupboard.

Legendary H...who says it doesnt pay to be a girl and blond.

Take him up on this blondie...if it can receive ant+ signals, which I think it can, it should work with the cadence sensor I have

just checked, it is ANT+ compatible, so I guess she is sorted.  

Warren, do your bit.

just checked, it is ANT+ compatible, so I guess she is sorted.

Warren, do your bit.

So I don't need to pack out my bike cupboard then? [emoji57]

So I don't need to pack out my bike cupboard then? [emoji57]

Thanks Gen....The Bryton is maybe a good idea, hubby has one, so he will know what to do with it and set it up....We also have the software loaded on our pc already.

Gen you are a honey, thank you.

Now i am really confused.............. :blush:  i am doing the slow HR thing (180-age) on the IDT and to keep in that zone my cadence is 70-75. So if i read here i must rather drop a (few)gears and pick up the cadence and then "balance" it with the HR?? and i thought cycling was easy........... :eek:   

Hubbers,

Who use there cadence function on Polar, Garmin, Bryton or Suunto?

I just bought the Garmin Edge and got the speed/cadence sensor with. This senor is bulky and was wondering who use the cadence information and why?

Will I benefit from having it? Don't need to install the speed sensor since the gps give your speed anyway.

You will only benefit from a cadence sensor if you use the information it provides in your training. The benefits of a high cadence have been discussed already and most people cannot just change to a higher than normal cadence to achieve the benefits. Like everything else related to sports performance you have to practise doing it and being able to accurately see your cadence is vital to do this.

A good example of the benefit from being proficient with a high cadence is the recent 1 hour record set by Jens Voigt, his average cadence was 102 rpm for the 60 minutes.

Thanks Gen....The Bryton is maybe a good idea, hubby has one, so he will know what to do with it and set it up....We also have the software loaded on our pc already.

Gen you are a honey, thank you.

Sorted.. will pack out the bike cupboard[emoji1]

Archived