how honest are we all

Honingklip MTB Trails

Been thinking about having a set up at Honingklip mountain bike trails;

Cyclists can either complete the indemnity forms on-line and e-mail them to me, along with proof of payment - and we will have the permit ready for them 

OR 

TRUSTING the cyclists to complete the form on arrival and put the money into a 'box' 

Will this be accepted and will it be abused???

The reason is, I dont want to have someone there all day and everyday for cyclists, I would prefer to trust people - we do this for our 4x4 trail and except for maybe one or two - people are generally honest.

Cyclists can either complete the indemnity forms on-line and e-mail them to me, along with proof of payment - and we will have the permit ready for them 

OR 

TRUSTING the cyclists to complete the form on arrival and put the money into a 'box' 

The reason is, I dont want to have someone there all day and everyday for cyclists, I would prefer to trust people - we do this for our 4x4 trail and except for maybe one or two - people are generally honest.

As far as I know Lebanon operates still with an Honesty Box without problems,however you will find the skelms will soon be found out and pressurized into coughing up

Likely to be about the same as 4x4. Unless users think cost is excessive then I am sure they will abuse system horribly.J-bay bike park has same system and only issue I had was no forms when arriving on site.will there be anual permit? Or multi entry discount?

Edited by Amberdrake

OR 

this is what Hopewell Trails did before they moved the entrance. I haven't been there since they changed the entrance location, but the start point was on private property with an "honesty box" as they called it. Sure people are going to abuse it to save what, R20? but if said people get caught by an honest rider they likely won't come back anyways. I think its worth trying at least

ninja side note- please add a link somewhere to your profile for honingklip if there is a webpage for it?

Edited by Dirkitect

@ honingklip. U deserve a public apology for the way in which the dh course was abandoned/left unattended for so long back in about 2008.There really was no intention to just avoid my responsibility regarding your property and you as a generous person and family. I do regret what happened. No excuse can be given but if there were a reason i could say it was not entirely within my control to avoid the 'abandonment'. People are inherently honest so it seems an honesty box would suffice. Thats my 2c of opinion from the dh course builder

OR 

Giba makes use of a mobile phone tag/ scan system (as Shebeen mentioned above) on their remote entrances to the park. Seems to work.

Snapscan is a good idea!

If running with a honesty box, please have a ledger at hand where people can fill in their details too.

Snapscan is a good idea!

If running with a honesty box, please have a ledger at hand where people can fill in their details too.

Yeah, it's brilliant for those that have, but for those that don't the premium SMS is also great.

Yeah, it's brilliant for those that have, but for those that don't the premium SMS is also great.

Snap scan cost's the user nothing, more importantly though you can also buy your coffee at deluxe using snap scan, so should be viewed as essential :P

Snap scan cost's the user nothing, more importantly though you can also buy your coffee at deluxe using snap scan, so should be viewed as essential :P

Yeah, and the amount of places taking it is getting more and more