When can I stop calling myself a noob?

Albatross

Guest DieBees

I think you are not a noob anymore when your neighbour comes around uninvited while you are washing your bike, commenting on the effort and he finds out that your bike costs more than R5000. Some people cant grasp paying more than R2000 for a pedal bicylce as they put it! That is when I stopped feeling like a noob...

The other day my father almost feinted when I showed him my new Sidi's that I bought for an absolute bargain at R 3500.00.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

people like this

Ugh! Bloody Cape Townians and their bloody mountain, riding damn pristine singletrack in beautiful forests, with the smell of the Atlantic wafting over them. Makes me sick! 

It is lekker to see so many ladies in your group. 

Our groups vary in size and gender mix rather ofen, but there is usually a lady or two present on the Table Mountain rides and on other rides the count is higher.

Of those ladies can ride many a guy into the ground on both the climbs and the tech ST coming down again!

Our groups vary in size and gender mix rather ofen, but there is usually a lady or two present on the Table Mountain rides and on other rides the count is higher.

Of those ladies can ride many a guy into the ground on both the climbs and the tech ST coming down again!

Cool to see so many baggies, sometimes feel like I'm the only one

A noob: someone who is constantly trying to show you how much they know/how good they are/how fast they are.

An old timer: has already forgotten more than the noob 'thinks' he knows, but feels like there is so much more to learn, and more importantly, has no need to prove himself to others.

IMHO

When you know all "The Rules" by heart, but realise there is only three that REEEEAAALLLYYY matters...

Rule #5

Rule #6

Rule #9

Im going to be a noob for the rest of my life then

It's ok Nige, if you need counselling ,I can get all us noobs a bulk discount .

It's ok Nige, if you need counselling ,I can get all us noobs a bulk discount .

Hahahaha, sweet! sign me up ... I need help with hating long distance races ... and big wheels with steep headangles ... hahahaa

IMHO

When you know all "The Rules" by heart, but realise there is only three that REEEEAAALLLYYY matters...

Rule #5

Rule #6

Rule #9

Rules, there are rules ..... well that is me out then!

Archived