The Munga 2015

StevieL

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Current positions: Tim Deane: 528.9 km; Vaughn Roux: 527.9 km; Leon Erasmus: 528.1 km; John Ntuli: 526.9 km; Chris Van Zyl: 519.6 km; (0 minutes ago) -- at 06:05:02 PM (SAST) 12/03/15

Many riders still haven't reached Britstown. They plan on riding the full 5 days to get to the finish.

post-4329-0-01640600-1449159364_thumb.png

Mike Woolnough sleeping as well

Smart moves by the sleeping ones. Afternoon's been too hot to make sensible progress, just sapping valuable mind & body energy to fight the 40C heat. Use the time to get much needed sleep and ride through the night when conditions are much better for the body. So watch the afternoon sleepers make up time on the non-afternoon sleepers by morning. Exactly what I tell my boss everyday ... more afternoon naps :-).

Sleeping seems like the wrong word to describe what they are doing.

OK, resting? :whistling: :ph34r: 

Mike Woolnough is back on the road and Chris van Zyl is still resting. Just hope it's not a mechanical and that he is just resting a bit.

The Munga ‏@TheMungaMTB 2m2 minutes ago
@WiehahnDeK @epicleakage Keep going guys, you're doing fantastic! I hear Willem bailed?

The Munga ‏@TheMungaMTB 19m19 minutes ago
John Ntuli and Tim Deane are the first riders to pass the half way mark in a time of 30.5 hours.@pwc_za @Mitsu_Motors @ExxaroAcademy

Archived