The Munga 2015

StevieL

Current positions: Chris Van Zyl: 487.8 km; John Ntuli: 481.1 km; Vaughn Roux: 464.8 km; Leon Erasmus: 464.8 km; Tim Deane: 464.8 km; (0 minutes ago) -- at 01:06:02 PM (SAST) 12/03/15

Front riders 100 kms  away from Loxton, riding from Pampoenpoort before turning right onto the tarred R63 section towards Loxton

1st Pic is where they will be riding from (Pampoenpoort)...

post-4329-0-16126000-1449140965_thumb.png

post-4329-0-88753900-1449141098_thumb.png

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please help with a doff question:

Just click on the person you want to track on the right hand side where the names are listed...?

Wondering if GU is on a single speed?

That would put him at a non competitive "advantage".........more like suicide.....

That would put him at a non competitive "advantage".........more like suicide.....

I only got a SS !! Does this mean I should rather skip this race ? :whistling:

I only got a SS !! Does this mean I should rather skip this race ? :whistling:

Go for it.....by all means......I wish I had the courage to ride a SS.....but it certainly won't get me a win......even if I could......

Current positions: Chris Van Zyl: 487.8 km; John Ntuli: 481.1 km; Vaughn Roux: 464.8 km; Leon Erasmus: 464.8 km; Tim Deane: 464.8 km; (0 minutes ago) -- at 01:06:02 PM (SAST) 12/03/15

Front riders 100 kms  away from Loxton, riding from Pampoenpoort before turning right onto the tarred R63 section towards Loxton

1st Pic is where they will be riding from (Pampoenpoort)...

Jy is nogal ń lekker ou......thanks for all the updates.....

IMHO as a Bar-One collector by bicycle every Sunday.......this Chris is riding a clever race....he will have a very good idea by now how strong the others around him are......he rides and gets a good gap on those whom he considers to be contenders.......he will also have a very good idea what pace they are moving at as well.....get a big enough buffer.....catch a lie down and set the alarm just within the time buffer he has built up....start again relatively" freshish" and be competitive......but all hell can break loose when the body breaks down.....

Chis van zyl might reach halfway of  545km in about 27 hours!!  

This is insane!!  . . . . I LIKE IT A LOT !! 

Had my doubts on this race but Im glued to it now.... dunno if I personally could do that much district road though.

Hats off to these guys and gals that ride like guys

Ok I just had my permission slip signed by the missus . 5 months between RASA and Munga , plenty of recovery time

Ok I just had my permission slip signed by the missus . 5 months between RASA and Munga , plenty of recovery time

mmmmm...if you can, I can

Jy is nogal ń lekker ou......thanks for all the updates.....

IMHO as a Bar-One collector by bicycle every Sunday.......this Chris is riding a clever race....he will have a very good idea by now how strong the others around him are......he rides and gets a good gap on those whom he considers to be contenders.......he will also have a very good idea what pace they are moving at as well.....get a big enough buffer.....catch a lie down and set the alarm just within the time buffer he has built up....start again relatively" freshish" and be competitive......but all hell can break loose when the body breaks down.....

Chris has ridden many 24hrs like this. His biggest weakness though is often mechanical breakdowns. If his bike can hold together, I'm quite sure his mind and body will follow suit.

Chris has ridden many 24hrs like this. His biggest weakness though is often mechanical breakdowns. If his bike can hold together, I'm quite sure his mind and body will follow suit.

Hold back a second fella......didn't say he can't.....read it again....I actually suggest that he may be the best man for the job.....at this stage.......unless he has gone beyond 40 hours before.......it's anyones game.....IMHO (Bar-onehugger)

Me too....then I was tempted to make her sign some divorce papers....I got this feeling that she might want me dead........

Archived