Building a Cyclo Cross bike

Meerkat82

The shipment is ready on the 29th of this month

Probably around the 4th of Feb

Shamus, any news on the arrival of the Evomax bars?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My old man is thinking of selling his Scott CX, size 56.

Looks very much like this one

http://foto.bdc-forum.it/albums/50787/thumbs_576/384604.jpg

I'll try get some actual pics and specs as soon as I can

We need a new build to perve over... Shamus? Ryan? Someone? Anyone?

Not new but I'll post some better pics of my Cotic rebuild over the weekend...

My MX build is virtually done, just some minor stuff to take care of but priority right now is my rear derailuer. The Shimano XT Long cage is not compatible or working 100% with my old style 10spd Ultegra shifters. Anyone out there who has an old style 10spd Ultegra or 105 RD?

My MX build is virtually done, just some minor stuff to take care of but priority right now is my rear derailuer. The Shimano XT Long cage is not compatible or working 100% with my old style 10spd Ultegra shifters. Anyone out there who has an old style 10spd Ultegra or 105 RD?

Not sure if you'll get that to work, even with the older RD. Might work with non DynaSys components...

Edit: Refering to the XT (MTB) RD... obviously a 105 or Ultegra will work - provided the cage length is suitable for your cassette and chainring setup.

Edited by Ryanpmb

Hey Milky,

Think i have a 10spd Ultegra rear derailleur.

Drop me a pm, to remind me for a photo, then we can chat.

Ciao

S

This is a looooong shot . .  But . .

Does anybody have a Salsa CowChipper bar that they would like to flog? 

Not sure if you'll get that to work, even with the older RD. Might work with non DynaSys components...

Edit: Refering to the XT (MTB) RD... obviously a 105 or Ultegra will work - provided the cage length is suitable for your cassette and chainring setup.

just to be sure what you are saying, the current Long Cage 10spd XT MTB RD should work with the 10spd Ultegra Shifters?? if that is what you are saying then it doesn't work 100% i.e. it will shift up but not down, it also requires double clicks to shift up.

the internet says 9sp rear shimano derailleur will work with 10sp shimano brifters. (hate that word, better than STI though)

just to be sure what you are saying, the current Long Cage 10spd XT MTB RD should work with the 10spd Ultegra Shifters?? if that is what you are saying then it doesn't work 100% i.e. it will shift up but not down, it also requires double clicks to shift up.

Was agreeing with you re XT not working and reiterating that a long cage Ultegra or 105 will work depending on your gearing.