Building a Cyclo Cross bike

Meerkat82

So after the coffee ride today we decided to go for the 105 spec model, about R4k cheaper, comes with a 50-34 and 32-11. Rims are meh, but will replace with American classsic tubeless ready disc with 38c WTB tires. 

We will then try this out for a few months, then if needed go 46-34 with a 36-11 and a road link. Outer rings on the RS500 crank are cheapies. 

Thanks for all the awesome advice - love the hub knowledge, even on bikeradar etc and international sites dont get this kinda feedback, may have to wait for July for tax return to click go, but getting pretty damn excited. Montagu pass is calling...

We are you getting the Am Classic wheels from?  RS500 crank is good enough - oh, don't go for the 172.5mm length they normally use. 175mm is the better choice.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Merlin Cycles have some amazing deals of full bikes at the moment - Merckx, Colnago, Felt, etc

We are you getting the Am Classic wheels from?  RS500 crank is good enough - oh, don't go for the 172.5mm length they normally use. 175mm is the better choice.

CWC R4599

I have the WTB Crisscross on Hopes with 40C Veetires (tubeless) and its been fantastic!

I see that Momsen is bringing a Gravel bike but the price is R65k 

I have the WTB Crisscross on Hopes with 40C Veetires (tubeless) and its been fantastic!

Was excited until I heard the price, the Ridleys are the same weight at more than half the price.

Was excited until I heard the price, the Ridleys are the same weight at more than half the price.

Same here, I'll stay with my Cotic X. Can't see how the Momsen will be more fun to ride. 

who stocks ridleys?

Similar price to the Stigmata... which looks droolworthy

Similar price to the Stigmata... which looks droolworthy

With all due respect I don't think that one can compare Momsen to Santa Cruz 

that's expensive, what groupset?

With all due respect I don't think that one can compare Momsen to Santa Cruz 

My bad... the Stigmata is 56K.... so even LESS comparable...