Building a Cyclo Cross bike

Meerkat82

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have two brand new Continental CX Tyres up for sale in the classifieds.... 35c....

We are about to buy a whole bunch of Gravel bikes for our 30th/60th's about 5 or 7 of them, we are looking at the ridley X trail carbon

https://www.ridley-bikes.com/nz/en/bikes/allroad/x-trail-carbon

What do you guys think parts wise, enough gears with 50/34 - 28?

Great bike but personally I would be looking for a wider cassette on the rear. This is more of a CX bike and not a gravel bike per se.

We are about to buy a whole bunch of Gravel bikes for our 30th/60th's about 5 or 7 of them, we are looking at the ridley X trail carbon

https://www.ridley-bikes.com/nz/en/bikes/allroad/x-trail-carbon

What do you guys think parts wise, enough gears with 50/34 - 28?

Are you looking for a gravel bike for bike touring/packing or a cx bike?

Have you considered Niner and Specialized's offerings? Giant make the TCX which is an amazing bike as well.

I have two brand new Continental CX Tyres up for sale in the classifieds.... 35c....

Still availabe? Link?

Great bike but personally I would be looking for a wider cassette on the rear. This is more of a CX bike and not a gravel bike per se.

Looking at a 46-36 chainset with 40-11 cassette. Want to keep the bigger chain ring for grinding on flats, but the 40 for steep ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you looking for a gravel bike for bike touring/packing or a cx bike?

Have you considered Niner and Specialized's offerings? Giant make the TCX which is an amazing bike as well.

Looking at a carbon bike for around 27k.

See 38c is as wide as they can go, is that enough comfort? How easy is getting 38c tyres?

Will adapt the gearing to 46/36 40-11.

I made it up a rocky/gravelly 8% average 10km climb with a 36/36 ratio the other day. Sure I was huffin and puffin and grinding instead of spinning, but it was not that bad for my past®y legs. 36/40 should be quite good on the really steep stuff.

I made it up a rocky/gravelly 8% average 10km climb with a 36/36 ratio the other day. Sure I was huffin and puffin and grinding instead of spinning, but it was not that bad for my past®y legs. 36/40 should be quite good on the really steep stuff.

this is the gold I need from the Hub :) this is what I am working with below, can extend the road cassette but no clutch so limited to front jump. 0a564d9e0a7821224ba9f68173431e88.jpg

What tyres you running?

Were you carrying any gear with you?

If you intend doing any bikepacking you may need more. (or rather, I do !)