Building a Cyclo Cross bike

Meerkat82

I wanted to buy slicks for 947.. but couldn't get so.... now just playing in the dirt again.

These thing just love mud... :clap:

Any road tyre will work, I have some Conti 700x28 tyres I use for on the road training

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to buy slicks for 947.. but couldn't get so.... now just playing in the dirt again.

These thing just love mud... :clap:

Did you ride the 947 with your Cx?  I was in VD bunch and we came past a bunch somewhere in Randburg that was on a Cx? 

Another Q:  The Niner Cx wheels(rims) are rated 4-5 bar.  Which is no good when you ride with road tyres - need at least 6 bar.  I recall reading that you can run higher pressures on Cx rims when running normal road tyres (23-25), or is that bollocks?

Did you ride the 947 with your Cx?  I was in VD bunch and we came past a bunch somewhere in Randburg that was on a Cx? 

Another Q:  The Niner Cx wheels(rims) are rated 4-5 bar.  Which is no good when you ride with road tyres - need at least 6 bar.  I recall reading that you can run higher pressures on Cx rims when running normal road tyres (23-25), or is that bollocks?

I did not do the race on my cx :mellow: , would have loved to though, but I did it on my trusted Columbus.

On my bike I ride $bar, with slicks I would say you can push it up a bit more -  maybe someone else would know more, but my road tyres are usually 8bar, so I would have done the same on the cx.

But I would love to know more now that you have raised this .

Looking at a wraith paycheck frame... I'm either going to repaint the cotic or buy a new frame

Don't repaint - powdercoat.

It's what I did and I am stoked with the outcome...

Don't repaint - powdercoat.

It's what I did and I am stoked with the outcome...

But I have such a killer paint scheme in mind... Bogus will make her shine!

Any Swiss cross disk frames?

We do them on order only

There is an order form to complete and a deposit to be paid before we place the order.

After they receive the order we get a receipt confirmation and then about a week later an ETA for production.

We do them on order only

There is an order form to complete and a deposit to be paid before we place the order.

After they receive the order we get a receipt confirmation and then about a week later an ETA for production.

What's the price after the Rand took a tumble??