Rogue Riders - need assistance identifying

tygerbergmtb

Okay, so even though you're in the wrong, and it's piss easy to solve, you're not prepared to 'cos it doesn't fit your idea of what is convenient for YOU. 

Essentially, you're are a Dick. Ruining it for all of us.

Like I said, if it is an issue I do not ride there any more, easy.

There are more than enough places for me to ride with express permission from the land owners and for me to keep to my ways without hindering your rights. In addition to this these places are typically closed to the general public.

I was just pointing out the issues that a lot of people have regarding the plethora of boards and the management of such as well as my attitude to this. Just go and ride in Botlary hills and see how many Tygerberg MTB Club riders are riding with the Botlary Hills boards hidden behind their local club boards.

So the point is, I still need to see ANY riders form TBMTB  swap out the boards as has been indicated that I should do. That is then effectively the same as me riding with my boards in my pocket. 

I am just pointing out a fact.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Dickhead should just do everyone on the Tygerberg trails a favour and F@ck off and ride somewhere else.

Is there a way of getting this idiots name and forwarding it to the club so that they can sort him out? He is a deliberate disobeyer of the club rules and therefore in the same league as rogue riders.

Admin?

There are more than enough places for me to ride with express permission from the land owners and for me to keep to my ways without hindering your rights. In addition to this these places are typically closed to the general public.

I was just pointing out the issues that a lot of people have regarding the plethora of boards and the management of such as well as my attitude to this. Just go and ride in Botlary hills and see how many Tygerberg MTB Club riders are riding with the Botlary Hills boards hidden behind their local club boards.

So the point is, I still need to see ANY riders form TBMTB  swap out the boards as has been indicated that I should do. That is then effectively the same as me riding with my boards in my pocket. 

Exactly. YOUR attitude towards this. IE: Deliberate dismissal of the rules as they don't fit your idea of what is acceptable. 

Close thread issue dealt with

PLS!

No, the issue is not dealt with. There's still the related issue of rogue riders flouting rules. It's still relevant. The original riders have been identified, that is true. But insofar as the issue currently at hand, it is very much NOT over. 

Exactly. YOUR attitude towards this. IE: Deliberate dismissal of the rules as they don't fit your idea of what is acceptable. 

Mate go and find a wall and run repeatedly into head first because it can't be any less painful than trying to talk sense to a guy with a terminal case of self importance.

Mate go and find a wall and run repeatedly into head first because it can't be any less painful than trying to talk sense to a guy with a terminal case of self importance.

You can't blame this dude, he's clearly emulating what our guvment does on a regular basis - I can do what I want and not follow the rules because I know someone higher up da guvment-food chain...

Quit while you're behind Dick....

I think if you look beyond the way he says it he does have a point.... Seemingly a lot of people have mental farts when it come to bike boards and would do anything to avoid riding with one  or insist on slipping it around their forks - personally I could never get why people are so against bike boards.

Dick, good for you  :clap: But unfortunately most of us don't have access to trails that are closed to the public so we need to rely on our fellow mtb'ers to stick to the rules (even the stupid ones) so that we don't lose access to the few ones we have

I'm sorry I just can't help myself...

Roque - American variant of croquet played on a hard smooth surface

Rogue - An unhelpful, deceitful or dishonest person

post-25673-0-67572400-1418197249_thumb.jpg

I'm sorry I just can't help myself...

Roque - American variant of croquet played on a hard smooth surface

Rogue - An unhelpful, deceitful or dishonest person

To be fair that is a first for me but for some reason I just couldn't stop myself. I tried, I failed.

Maybe it's time for all the clubs to put their big boy pants on and start working together.  Have centralized board issuing where all your details can be captured.  Then you can buy stickers to stick on your board every year, but make room for 4 stickers on the 4 corners for 4 different clubs.  Make them brightly coloured so they can be spotted from a distance and change the colour every year.  Maybe the PPA can issue these boards which is something you can race with as well, so no need to swap it every week either when you want to ride.  Putting only a sticker on cuts the cost a lot.  For the douchebags that want to copy the sticker and make their own, well they will always be there.  Nothing you can do about that.  

Just an idea, diss it or work with it, either way I don't care

Maybe it's time for all the clubs to put their big boy pants on and start working together.  Have centralized board issuing where all your details can be captured.  Then you can buy stickers to stick on your board every year, but make room for 4 stickers on the 4 corners for 4 different clubs.  Make them brightly coloured so they can be spotted from a distance and change the colour every year.  Maybe the PPA can issue these boards which is something you can race with as well, so no need to swap it every week either when you want to ride.  Putting only a sticker on cuts the cost a lot.  For the douchebags that want to copy the sticker and make their own, well they will always be there.  Nothing you can do about that.  

It's been suggested in the past, and it's an idea that many are on board with (hahaha) 

Just needs to be implemented. 

Don't you come here and ruin a good argument with "logic" and a practical "solution" that would actually work and make things a lot easier for riders.

Don't you come here and ruin a good argument with "logic" and a practical "solution" that would actually work and make things a lot easier for riders.

Ok, my other idea is a Handlebar-Rolodex with all your boards on there. Just flip to the right one and ride.  That is for Dick with his many boards, so he does not have to wear transparent shirts(which we really don't want to see) and ride his bike in reverse to keep the board in front.  

I will leave now :wacko:

Archived