Nope... after the PM to tell me to "shove your GoPro where the sun don't shine" I suspect you're not going to lighten up, are you Wyatt? That's ok man. Ride your bike this weekend, it does wonders for when you're not feeling so lekker.

Take a joke man, it's Friday

????????????

That was funny wasn't it ?

With permission I would actually love to post a screenshot of the conversation .

Now that is a sense of humor right there .

You have to learn to take a joke ????????????????

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread: 

• just gets better
  • and better
  • beats the socks off tv soapies
  • wish I knew what it was about
  • has big trolls moles

That was funny wasn't it ?

With permission I would actually love to post a screenshot of the conversation .

Now that is a sense of humor right there .

You have to learn to take a joke

Do it. Let's see,

what would've happened if the gentleman got on his bike and kept riding? Would you have pulled him off his bike? Blocked the path and refused to move, causing him to fall? Maybe pulled him off his bike and Shihan there would've sunk in a choke/armbar until he apologised and promised to take another route? If there were no signs prohibiting him from riding in that direction, any physical attempt to prevent him from continuing could constitute assault. It's surely fun to race down there at breakneck speeds, however due consideration should always be given to the unexpected, until it is a fully marked and controlled trail. And regardless of his behaviour, swearing and shouting in front of an 11yr old kid doesn't set a good example for how to handle disagreements/confrontation. Your retaliation escalated the situation unnecessarily, to the point where it could've gotten more out of hand.

what would've happened if the gentleman got on his bike and kept riding? Would you have pulled him off his bike? Blocked the path and refused to move, causing him to fall? Maybe pulled him off his bike and Shihan there would've sunk in a choke/armbar until he apologised and promised to take another route? If there were no signs prohibiting him from riding in that direction, any physical attempt to prevent him from continuing could constitute assault. It's surely fun to race down there at breakneck speeds, however due consideration should always be given to the unexpected, until it is a fully marked and controlled trail. And regardless of his behaviour, swearing and shouting in front of an 11yr old kid doesn't set a good example for how to handle disagreements/confrontation. Your retaliation escalated the situation unnecessarily, to the point where it could've gotten more out of hand.

Yeah, I would have stayed in the way. Prevented him from continuing on his way up a trail that he admitted he knew was a single directional trail, as the responsible citizen I am (much the same as how I block people trying to squeeze into the yellow lane on the m5 between intersections, much to some motorists chagrin, and confront people who are clearly able bodied when they park in the disabled bays at shopping centres)

If he had ridden into me despite me standing there, that would have constituted assault on his part. He had no right to be there even though there may not have been a signpost at the end of the trail, and as somebody who knows better I am obligated to ensure that he follows the rules of the park. When he paid to enter the facilities, he signed up for the rules and regs.

I would not have swung the first punch, regardless of how he acted. That does not solve things and only would have resulted in a case being opened up against me.

Edit: as for little Ben, what is your point? That it was us and us alone that contributed to the up scaling of the argument? It only really got heated from our side when he pulled Ben into it... from that side of things, as soon as you involve someone who can't look after themselves in that sort of situation, all bets are off.

Utter and complete crap from start to finish.

It's at the top of the trail head, man. That's where we all pray to the trail fairies and gods of olde..

I'd much rather be on my bike thinking about God, (thanks to moron drivers and beautiful Cape Town Scenery) than in church thinking about my. God agrees so I get a special pass signed in holy water

LOL. talk about jumping in at breakneck speed nasu. Imaginative post!

Haha thanks (I think)! If they paint some "No Entry" signs on some of the rocks, that should eliminate the problem.

Archived