Mountain Biker attacked and robbed in BLUE Hills , MIDRAND

filipaz

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All you need to have is the owner of one robbed bike to testify that they were robbed by these arseholes and you'll have enough to substantiate charges of aggravated robbery.

Troy did identify them as our attackers while we were at the powlice. I wasn't able to id them because i made a 180 degree bunny hop in the opposite direction that would have made Danny Macaskill proud when one of them charged me with a moerse knife from the front while Troy pedaled on and one took his bike. I had a moerse skrik when it happened!

While i was trapping my legs off to get away a 3rd attacker that passed us earlier turned around and pulled out his knife waiting for me, so i gunned straight at him as i had no other option and fortunately he jumped out of the way, otherwise he would have had close to 100 kg of weight riding into him at 30 km/h.

EDIT: Here's a link of what happened and these thugs are still on the loose robbing us blind and injuring some on our trails https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/104570-bikejacking-bluehills-kyalami/

Edited by nathrix ® ©™

i had this chat with another hubber in the cape and he agreed, going on the threads and the news there is a serious incline that side :thumbdown:  :thumbdown:

four contact crimes on my close family in the WC in 2014...

I have thought long about this. Combined with the female genitalia who broke into my house 6 weeks ago and these same guys who jacked me and and a mate back in 2011..

Allow me to soapbox briefly..

On the 26th of December I had a braai at my place - lots of bubbly, good white wine, plenty beers and 4kg of the finest Mozambican Queen prawns  done on the open fire in lemon garlic butter and a additional side sauce of garlic and ginger zanzibarian dried chillies, and great company. Among us was a old school mate of mine who is now a pilot, and is by far the most traveled of folk I know, so when it comes to worldly views who I am I to comment. I took solace in his words.  We spoke at length about the state of affairs in SA, Eskom, and all that. What it came down to is this...

We live in a amazing country. Right through from the North to the South, and unfortunately we are the exotic population living on borrowed time, or land. It is true that the future of this country does not lie in our hands, but in those of who are of darker skin color. They happen to have a different perspective on life as to what we do. My mate's point was quite simple. Fit in or **** off. Which is quite a harsh point of view, but if you break it down, what it means is this:

1. If you are able to afford the trapping of "1st world SA" you can't get a better quality of life elsewhere in the world, but you need to be able to put up with the sacrifices. Simple pro's and con's.

2. Get used to mob justice. It is a daily fact of life for those very underprivileged folk out there. That is how they get **** done. Adopt it. it works

3. The indigenous population are the majority and they will run the country they see fit. Ends message. Adapt or die - seen that one before..

4. Us white folk and our fancy hobbies are far from the priority of the govt. Deal with it. The fact that the city of Jhb supports the 947 is just window dressing. As long as there is money involved and the influence of the right people the race will carry on. The minute that status quo changes its game over. Go and look at St Francis in the EC, super larney area. totally ****** infrastructure. Same down in Parys. The interest is elsewhere

5. The current ANC govt is in a state of flux. JZ is a puppet and is being used to the benefit of others. His own perks (Nkandla) are seen as a commission for being #1. There will be a few more years of abuse and scandal, at by which point the majority of the voting population will be none the wiser as there state education was so piss poor they no better, so the safety of the ANC will be guaranteed for a good few years to come.

6. Make the best of this situation while you can. Its going to be a interesting ride over the next 10/20 years

This happened on the 1/1/2015 at 8h00 in Village rd Bluehills.

He was attacked by two guys with big knives, they took his bike, Garmin edge 810 and the sensors that went with the Garmin.

The one guy punched him in the face and started walking away with his bike.

The second guy wanted his cell phone that was in his pocket.

He offered to give the guy the cell phone but the guy told him to lie on his stomach on the floor and that he would take the cell phone himself out his pocket and then kill him.

It was thanks to 3 black ladies that lived on a plot that saw what was going on and started screaming and making one hell of a noise that the guys fled.

I saw another link to this incident on facebook which is how I got these details.

Edited by Muggins

These are the same thugs who are once again causing a "skrik bewind" which they have continued over the years after being released or returning from visiting their homes in Moz or Zim and who also attacked Kevin Perkins who has immigrated with his family since...

http://www.thesouthafrican.com/an-exclusive-interview-will-the-real-michael-naicker-please-stand-up/

So we’ve established that you’re South African, born and fled… why’d you leave the motherland?

I left for all the usual reasons and, without dwelling on the negatives too much, I came to the UK to seek a better life for my children and my family. The tipping point was when I got “bike-jacked” on my mountain bike while out cycling near Kyalami. I decided my life and my family’s lives were worth more than that. I wasn’t going to end up hacked to death on a dirt road in badly fitting cycling kit.

Hi all

Thank you so much for all your good words.

I am doing much better,still a bit shaken!

My 18 stitches will be out on Tuesday 13.01

I can tell you one think that on Thursday I had a call from Hawks.looks they are interested.

I have two cops from SAPS Midrand investigating my case

Serg.J Lamola

Const.AJ Khauli

Let's see what can they do!

Today 11.01 at Nothern Farm at 8:25 there was an incident of bicycle hijacking- lady and a gentleman were hijacked by 4 guys.

Guys what is happening to our country?

Something needs to be done soon

Be safe out there,ride safe

Filip

Good to hear you are doing better. Just don't let this bad experience keep you off the saddle dude.

Makes one think what is going on in this country. We have it all but seems to be going to the dogs.

I think we should arrange a few mass rides in these hotspots, something similar to critical mass and dub it critical moer......seems like the mob justice system is the only thing such individuals understand. Stop Rhino poaching by killing a poacher, stop bike jacking by similar means.

It sure sounds like these bottom feeders are shopping to a list, kind of like the high end car jackers do.

Filip, good luck with the recovery, don't let some scum stop you from your hobby.

Glad to hear you are healing. The scar may hang around for a bit - a visit to a plastic surgeon maybe..?

Hope that the interest from the law enforcement agencies comes to something! Wouldnt that be a bonus!

I am all in for a mass awareness ride