Goodbye Dstv

corriekuilder

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which are the best sport streaming sites, they all seem quite dodgy and hard to get a decent stream without negotiating a million pop ups and ads?

Adblocker (for Firefox) helps ...

For cycling follow Pete Geyer @cyclingfans

for news on live streams

Also join cyclingtorrents.nl - lots of options there

Anybody know how to get the subtitles working on Netflix? I have chenged the setting on Netflix and Apple TV but still dont get them. I am trying to watch Narcos, but I need subtitles.

Anybody know how to get the subtitles working on Netflix? I have chenged the setting on Netflix and Apple TV but still dont get them. I am trying to watch Narcos, but I need subtitles.

on the roku you would use the little star button...on the laptop you just hover over the corner

post-7169-0-22369100-1453197368_thumb.jpg

on the roku you would use the little star button...on the laptop you just hover over the corner

attachicon.gifsubtitle.JPG

on Aplle tv you hold down the centre button. then choose subtitles. But after doing this I still dont get any......

Google said I should do something in my unotelly set up. will give that a try later

on Aplle tv you hold down the centre button. then choose subtitles. But after doing this I still dont get any......

Google said I should do something in my unotelly set up. will give that a try later

Subtitles on the ATV work fine for me on other Netflix content, I'll try remember to check Narcos tonight and report back. I don't use a VPN for Netflix, only for torrents, so that may be a factor if subs work for me.

*Update* Subtitles work fine with and without VPN

Edited by FrankG

All sorted. there is a setting on UNOTELLY that lets you turn off or turn on Netflix subtitles. Mine was off.

What will the best data deals be to use showmax? We do not have adsl at the moment.

What will the best data deals be to use showmax? We do not have adsl at the moment.

depends how much money you have

i stream netflix on a 2mb line with a 80Gb Cap

depends how much money you have

i stream netflix on a 2mb line with a 80Gb Cap

Well money is the problem, i do not want to spend R1000/month, and still have to use dstv online to watch sport. Cheap internet and use ebucks to get showmax. Does 80Gb work for you?

Well money is the problem, i do not want to spend R1000/month, and still have to use dstv online to watch sport. Cheap internet and use ebucks to get showmax. Does 80Gb work for you?

it does..but if you concerned about going over then Afrihost does a home uncapped line and data for 300 bucks or if you want 4mb then 500 bucks

thats assuming you can get ADSL in your area

• 2 weeks later...