Goodbye Dstv

corriekuilder

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if it is just me, but I have been noticing a (not very subtle) move away from my demographic... Unfortunately my MIL likes kyknet and tennis and she is on the xtraview.

I suspect Kyknet is basically part of the Multichoice group, else I would have advised them to make a partnership with Netflix right now and get their viewership up and running there while DSTV bleeds numbers.

As soon as UNCAPPED Fibre hits an area then satellite TV can't compete.

Sattelite TV has a future in rural areas and the rest of Africa for a long time to comr. That is not to say that DSTV will last that long in its current format.

I don't know if it is just me, but I have been noticing a (not very subtle) move away from my demographic... Unfortunately my MIL likes kyknet and tennis and she is on the xtraview. 

i concur with your observation

I have yet to meet anybody that has regretted canceling their DSTV.... :)

Before my fibre line was connected, I switched DSTV off a few times to save cash and in all honesty I used to miss the Dakar, TdF & Giro but nowadays there's some much coverage of these events on other platforms that you can get your fix elsewhere and it's often better coverage as well.

Seriously considering ditching the Dstv. Really not Getting my money's worth.

Fibre is not an option. Will have to check out other internet packages as mine will be depleted in 2 days

LTE an option? You can get reasonably priced 100GB and 200GB packages now.

My uncapped fibre has a 500GB soft cap, when exceeded drops the line speed from 10mbps to 2mbps until the end of the month.

The most I’ve used is 355GB in a month, of which 70-80GB is the wife business use each month.

Happiness is, being DStv-free.

LTE an option? You can get reasonably priced 100GB and 200GB packages now.

I've got WiFi from the local provider, Im on one of the smaller packages.

Looking at 4mbs with 400gb Fair Use Class Limit for R649 or 6mbs with 500gb for R875.

Stopping my Dstv as off 31 December.

I am looking at buying a media box.

Can anybody please give me some info about these things? Which to buy and which to stay away from?

There are so many. I used a Friend's LIT Box which worked well for me.

I see there is an intellybox and a couple of other names out there as well.

Any info will be appreciated.

Can anybody please give me some info about these things? Which to buy and which to stay away from?

Have a look at something like a Playstation or Xbox, it will serve as your Blueray player, Games Console, Netflix player and many more streaming services have apps for these devices.

My "Old" PS3 runs these services seamlessly

Thanks

I have a Ps3 but a pain in the gat to get it doing what I want.

Keeps on telling me newer versions are available, but they are already loaded.

Thanks

I have a Ps3 but a pain in the gat to get it doing what I want.

Keeps on telling me newer versions are available, but they are already loaded.

I had the same problem with the YouTube app on mine. Eventually deleted it and installed it from scratch, now works perfectly. Don't give up on the ps3 just yet, tinker a bit and you will see it is good enough for the job.

I bought this as my 2nd Android box on BangGood. Bloody good value, as you can see, R680 with postage.

Still waiting for it to arrive, but I paid with PayPal, so if it doesn't arrive, I get my money back. It landed in SA on 12th December, 10 days after purchase, now to wait for the Post Office!!!!

post-25781-0-90204800-1546080082_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

I use my phone as a router and connect to it by wireless. I want to install a VPN on it , since - as far as I know - the VPN is installed on the router. 

I would like to use ExpressVPN. does anybody here have experience of installing a VPN on a phone?

Cheers