Goodbye Dstv

corriekuilder

Most likely cause is an update on the PS3 app, most of them are forcing internal use of google DNS now.

You work around it by rerouting the google DNS servers in your router to point to a non-existent internal IP.

Are you using unotelly? there are some tutorials on this for most routers on their support pages.

Thanks Rocket,

Re-rooting my google DNS Worked like a charm. I owe you one.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Grebel, as i understand it your smart tv needs to be connected to either wired or wirelss network ( not using chromecast) in order to use all share.

But I am certainly not knowledgable regardign android products. As for Genesis, my mate gave me a repository with apparently some supersport sources on, he asked my to install to test.

I will do it sometime, however, other than DH and XCO I really dont watch sports on SS

Cheers Rock. I have no issues sharing pics and vids using All Share with everything else on the phone, but there is no share option for Kodi though...

Think I must just root the tablet and load kit kat (No official download available on the N8000). That way I can chill on the bed watching Sportsdevil without straining my tired old eyes. ... [emoji41]

Excellent thanks for the links. Will give them a try when back home, will give feedback here or post questions [emoji106]

Is there a specific site where you search through the private channels for the TdF etc?

No specific method but if you google "roku private channel EventName" where EventName is whatever you want to watch then you should find something for it.

I installed a very neat little Google TV Android 4.2 box for a friend recently,  works a treat, adding apps etc from Google Play, lots of games for the kids, FlightTracker for dad... YouTube for mom. They have Fibre to the Home coming soon, I suggested 20 Mbps Uncapped for starters although it remains to be seen how provisioned that service is going to be upstream.

Only limitation with this is no Flash, so one cant take advantage of a lot of the PC browser-based streaming thats doing down, or any Browser based service that wants Windows gizmos like Active X. 

It plays full HD no problem, I see most of them support UHD/4K now.

I have just ordered one of these http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_203674.html

Will replace my Pi2 and is similar to a NUC (but cheaper) and priced similar to a Google TV box.

Runs Windows, so will load kodi and can be also use for the browser based services as well as others.  A 64G SSD should be plenty as a media player with external HDD used for storage.

Only downside is that has taken 3 weeks to be shipped (which was last week) and am still waiting for it to arrive!!

Where the frig can I buy a Roku 3 - takalot has them but you cant add to cart because they are out of stock

Wait for the Roku 4 that was just launched

ja i dont need UHD....plus my celtic blood is trying to use my R200 takealot voucher that expires in 3 days....sent them a mail telling them to extend my voucher till they get them in stock

but if there is somewhere else you can buy one...i'm all ears

Edited by Stretch

ja i dont need UHD....plus my celtic blood is trying to use my R200 takealot voucher that expires in 3 days....sent them a mail telling them to extend my voucher till they get them in stock

but if there is somewhere else you can buy one...i'm all ears

Its pretty much just takealot or wantitall but they are stupidly expensive.

Weird that takealot doesnt have stock. Roku4 is just too expensive for features 99% of people wont even use.

Its pretty much just takealot or wantitall but they are stupidly expensive.

Weird that takealot doesnt have stock. Roku4 is just too expensive for features 99% of people wont even use.

Cool thanks... Will see what they say

Where the frig can I buy a Roku 3 - takalot has them but you cant add to cart because they are out of stock

I bought from Amazon but hopefully you can extend the period of the voucher

I'm pretty sure that Kodi with the Sportsdevil plugin will satisfy your needs... [emoji41]

Thanks Grebel, is there anyway to access the sportsdevil content via a browser window? Edited by Skylark