A dark Africa lays ahead.....load shedding

Mojoman

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Trending searches of the decade, Number 5-baby shark. Probably the top item on my wife's phone. I have contributed plenty data towards that flipping shark.

Same with my wife and I, although it was more of a YouTube search - until I realized that I could 'save to watch later' in YouTube, which made things easier for when our little one asked for Baby Shark.

Baby Shark on the PC though, and cranking up the volume on my Creative A220 speakers. Any of our neighbours who don't know about Baby Shark must think, 'what the heck are they playing now?'

Same with my wife and I, although it was more of a YouTube search - until I realized that I could 'save to watch later' in YouTube, which made things easier for when our little one asked for Baby Shark.

Baby Shark on the PC though, and cranking up the volume on my Creative A220 speakers. Any of our neighbours who don't know about Baby Shark must think, 'what the heck are they playing now?'

Ear worm of note!

We are working on Medupi and Kusile and not going to the UK or Belgium

well, in that case, the avatar comes into play ... :ph34r: :P

Load shedding due to corruption, mismanagement and inefficiencies, and we will be paying for loss of revenue. 

Cape Town - The public has until January 20 to comment on Eskom’s application to the National Energy Regulator of SA (Nersa) for a tariff increase to recover R27billion in losses from load shedding.

This tariff increase will probably see electricity costs increase by up to 17%.

https://www.iol.co.za/capetimes/news/eskom-seeks-r27bn-for-load-shedding-losses-17-tariff-increase-mooted-39183348

Load shedding due to corruption, mismanagement and inefficiencies, and we will be paying for loss of revenue. 

Cape Town - The public has until January 20 to comment on Eskom’s application to the National Energy Regulator of SA (Nersa) for a tariff increase to recover R27billion in losses from load shedding.

This tariff increase will probably see electricity costs increase by up to 17%.

https://www.iol.co.za/capetimes/news/eskom-seeks-r27bn-for-load-shedding-losses-17-tariff-increase-mooted-39183348

This makes me think that there is more to the load shedding than meets the eye.

Is there a list of units down and why?

I know traditionally Tube Leaks are one of the biggest reasons but I'd be interested to know what is actually going on.

I guess the Duvha unit that was "accelerated to destruction" a few years ago is all fixed now?

No.

Duvha runs on 5 boilers still as I heard a figure of about 3 billion to replace the broken one. 

One of my friends works at Eskom.

No.

Duvha runs on 5 boilers still as I heard a figure of about 3 billion to replace the broken one. 

One of my friends works at Eskom.

OK. I know when they broke it, they broke it properly.