Cyclist down at Woodbridge island

Bernard Horn

Just passed a terrible sight of a road bike down at Woodbridge island bus station.

Rescue services just arrived .Looks bad.Guy was on Marine dr.Hope he makes it.

STAY ON THE BIKE PATH!!!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a k@k four way stop with cars frequently gunning the red light. I use to get on and off the bike path at this spot when I was still living in Edgemead. Very sad :(

I'm not familiar with details of this incident! Just saying its a danger zone, be careful!

Edited by Jakkels

Jeez that is awful. RIP.

Was thinking today how many people are riding to and from work these days as I sat in traffic at Black River.

Please people use the bike paths... you can still crank along on it. 

Guest Omega Man

I just drove past the scene and the body is in the road. Covered up. RIP.

Ai... I ride that way every second Sunday to get to Chapman's via CBD. It's gonna be strange riding past there now..

RIP

Some poor family has just had their life changed forever.

That is for sure.Confirmed death.Looks like a container truck pushed him into the curb and he must have gone under the truck a 100m from the traffic lights.I would have thought that the driver sitting so high up would have seen him and given him a gap to the lights before trying to pass.These container trucks are a danger and an accident waiting to happen.This a going to change my cycling habits