Cyclist down at Woodbridge island

Bernard Horn

Shattered. Don't have the words. Adré was a good friend, someone I admired and looked up to. A very capable and safety conscious cyclist - don't understand... My thoughts with his wife, 2 little kids who were supposed to start with school today for the first time, now without a dad. His mom & dad (also a passionate cyclist) with whom he was very close.

RIP old friend, for me cycling will never be the same again.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rip - so sorry Skubarr

Shattered. Don't have the words. Adré was a good friend, someone I admired and looked up to. A very capable and safety conscious cyclist - don't understand... My thoughts with his wife, 2 little kids who were supposed to start with school today for the first time, now without a dad. His mom & dad (also a passionate cyclist) with whom he was very close.

so sorry Skubarra - on the radio this am they said he was on the road, which at the Point is separated from the path by grass and that a truck was involved? Absolutely awful. Please be careful people, in light of the other ludicrous threads on here this week, please don't put your life in the hands of other people. RIP

RIP Fellow Cyclist and Father. May God give your family the strength to get through this difficult time.

RIP Andre! that poor family.

A few years ago another cyclist died on almost the same spot and it was also a container truck!

That is for sure.Confirmed death.Looks like a container truck pushed him into the curb and he must have gone under the truck a 100m from the traffic lights.I would have thought that the driver sitting so high up would have seen him and given him a gap to the lights before trying to pass.These container trucks are a danger and an accident waiting to happen.This a going to change my cycling habits

Yesterday I saw a MiCity Bus tailgating a cyclist. They see us on the road, they just dont care.

R.I.P Andre! 

Very sad news. RIP.

Just yesterday morning on my way to work at 05h20 I passed a group of cyclists on Marine/R27 near Woodbridge Island cycling in the road instead of the cycle lane.....why?? To crown it all some without lights! As an avid cyclist it distresses me intensely. We have the cycle paths, lets use them.

Terrible ,Terrible ,Terrible

After I had past the accident I parked at my house around the corner and cycled to see if I could help in any way.Got there and cops were going through his backpack to get his ID etc.

Lessons learnt

1.Don't have your phone locked in case somebody needs to phone next of kin.

2.Have your ID details easy accessable

3.Stay off the busy roads during,before and after peak hour.Road between Steven Johnson Cars and Sunset Beach to narrow to accommodate Cyclists ,trucks and cars.

4.Give the roads around the harbour entrance a wide berth as the truckers drive like maniacs.Also beware of the trucks parked alongside Marine dr.near the Caltex garage as the force cyclists into the road.

Very sad news. RIP.

Just yesterday morning on my way to work at 05h20 I passed a group of cyclists on Marine/R27 near Woodbridge Island cycling in the road instead of the cycle lane.....why?? To crown it all some without lights! As an avid cyclist it distresses me intensely. We have the cycle paths, lets use them.

I often see that class of moron on my way to work. I don't understand the mentality.

Shattered. Don't have the words. Adré was a good friend, someone I admired and looked up to. A very capable and safety conscious cyclist - don't understand... My thoughts with his wife, 2 little kids who were supposed to start with school today for the first time, now without a dad. His mom & dad (also a passionate cyclist) with whom he was very close.

My condolences to his family, loved ones and friends.

Skub, is this the Andre who rides a black with white accent Giant Anthem 650b?

Archived