Cyclist down at Woodbridge island

Bernard Horn

RIP Adre. My condolences to his family and those who knew him. It's really a sad day when this happens.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hy was my seun en ek mis hom al klaar baie. Ons moet nooit ons waaksaamheid verslap nie. Hy was altyd verantwoordelik. Dit is onverklaarbaar maar biine Jesus se wil!

Oom I can't even begin to imagine what you and your family are going through, will keep Andre in our thoughts and prayers..condolences to you and the rest of your family, we have truly lost a remarkable person.

Thanks must go to journalist Kieran Legg for always reporting cycling accident and incidents and keeping them top of mind to create awareness. 

Add: does anyone know what happened to the truck driver? Have they been charged/arrested? 

My condolences to him and his family. May God hold your family in the palm of his hand, protect and give your family strength and comfort over this difficult time. 

Daar is net doodeenvoudig nie woorde vir hierdie nie, net trane...

Mag Sy hande julle styf vashou en Sy vrede julle harte heel...

Hy was my seun en ek mis hom al klaar baie. Ons moet nooit ons waaksaamheid verslap nie. Hy was altyd verantwoordelik. Dit is onverklaarbaar maar biine Jesus se wil!

I hardly touch my road bike anymore out of fear of something like this but my 61 year old mother is a cycling fanatic.

We used to have such fights about her riding and how dangerous I think it is. Then I realised I was not helping her at all. She lives for her cycling and for her to give up her 3 -4 times a week slow ride around the peninsula would be devastating for her. I had no right to make her feel guilty about it. So I have come to accept it is a risk she chooses to take for something she truely loves. If anything happens to her on her road bike, I must take comfort knowing she was out living her life to the fullest.

Oom I hope you can take some comfort from that thought. Your son was doing something that he, and from the sound of it you, love. He was living and loving life which is something for you to be proud of.

Thanks for all the tributes. It is apprecisted. Yes, he died doing somethingnhe loved doing, but that will not take the loss away. We have many very fond memories and will live of that and the grace form our Lord Jesus Christ.

Sincere condolences to his wife and family.

Special prayers to those little ones, may they keep all the wonderful memories of their father close to their hearts for added strength and comfort

R.I.P.

His memorial service has just been done. People from all over the landscape of his life came to share their respect with his family and you can tell much about the integrity and character of a person and the impact they have made on the lives of others, when the venue runs out of seating in the temporary additional seating area that is relaying the events in the hall by camera and there are still hordes of people standing and listening from outside!

To anyone who is interested, there will be groups of us from all walks of his life that will be gathering at the next moonlight mass event on the 4th of February to simply 'Ride 4 Adre'. If you have an old shirt laying about paint this on that and come down and join us!

I will also be there. Please keep me posted on Twitter at Philipler or my email philipler@icloud.com

Tubehunter, I would also like to meet you and Jason Rieper in person

Archived