Karoo To Coast 2015

ErikD

I have to agree that the finish area was not well managed.....

........and not that I care about medals but it was strange to get a 2014 Medal..........

the small / simple things says a lot.......

Effort to get there, Entries and expenses adds up for cyclists......

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife enjoyed and I suffered. We were the Manic cycles team from Worcester.

Lekker Louis, het so entjie saam julle gery, jou vrou het jou nog getune "Alles sal okay wees!" hahaha ek was in die "team yoco" hemp, vet ou op Giant XTC!

I have to agree that the finish area was not well managed.....

........and not that I care about medals but it was strange to get a 2014 Medal..........

the small / simple things says a lot.......

Effort to get there, Entries and expenses adds up for cyclists......

The problem was the very wet field which forced the movement of the stalls and tents.This also caused the spectators to crowd the finish and riders were just flopping down in the small space as well.Always nice to hear the greetings and war stories afterwards as the riders meet up with families and friends.Will be back next year!

How does one do an average 31kmh without writing yourself off?Hope there will be some footage of the race.

For those who are curious what it takes to win a Major Ultra Marathon here are some numbers for from the winner Matt Beers

CPgUPCsWIAAsgO9.jpg

This is awesome!

Yeah I must say, to have the water table at the finish, so far away up a hill, around a corner was a bit silly.....

I have done a few K2Cs and Knysna Cycle tours, however this time the finish area was the most unorganized I have seen. 

I have done a few K2Cs and Knysna Cycle tours, however this time the finish area was the most unorganized I have seen.

There was soo much rain that left the field waterlogged and they had to move everything at the 11th hour.

I'm sure it will be fine again next year.

No worries, I stayed down the road at Lagoon Lodge so a cold beer was just 1km away :-) Had a lot of fun sitting on the side of road cheering on those who were on their way to the finish. I am only doing 5 more, so I can get my 10 K2C medal.

For those who are curious what it takes to win a Major Ultra Marathon here are some numbers for from the winner Matt Beers

CPgUPCsWIAAsgO9.jpg

I need some of what he's on... But i need it for the downhills. Never passed a single person on a downhill for 4 and a half hours. :eek:

I know people bitch and moan about this after every event, but I cant believe how people still think its fine to just drop their GU wrappers on the trail. And its not that they drop it by mistake its on purpose. I mean who do they think will pick it up?

I know people bitch and moan about this after every event, but I still cant believe how people still think its fine to just drop their GU wrappers on the trail. And its not that they drop it by mistake its on purpose. I mean who do they think will pick it up?

some guys think they are bigger than the game...

I know people bitch and moan about this after every event, but I still cant believe how people still think its fine to just drop their GU wrappers on the trail. And its not that they drop it by mistake its on purpose. I mean who do they think will pick it up?

I completely agree, saw way too many of that on the road.

rode into adriaan louw's rear wheel down the ou wapad and erik crashed

Ya. Then he rode with the front group until 30ks out and got a puncture. Saw the footage today.

Archived