Karoo To Coast 2015

ErikD

After elevation correction Strava indicates an elevation gain of 2720m and Garmin Connect 2393m. Can any of these two be correct as the K2C website 1520m?

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Came in 200th, did not get a Coke or anything to drink at the end. What's up with that.

Not cool at all. I also did not get anything afterwards.

Apparently it was on the field just above

Not cool at all. I also did not get anything afterwards.

Apparently it was on the field just above

Garmin shows  1797m elevation gain and 2406m elevation loss

After elevation correction Strava indicates an elevation gain of 2720m and Garmin Connect 2393m. Can any of these two be correct as the K2C website 1520m?

1664m of climbing and my Garmin is accurate in the past. The autocorrect functions on the sites normally makes it a bit off.

+/- 1700 is correct. 

Also, I think the map on K2C site is the old 91km route so +- 80m extra in that start loop

Came in 200th, did not get a Coke or anything to drink at the end. What's up with that.

left of the finish was a huge tent full of free finisher drinks...

there was a Powerade stand. Had water and Powerade poured into cups.

and nobody told anyone that finished about it...

When I came in it was super unorganized, some guys had to go back asking for medals, some guys got a piece of paper 'token or tag of some kind' some did not - still don't know what its for, no one pointing out drinks or water.  They could deffo look at the end point and how it is operated.

and nobody told anyone that finished about it...

When I came in it was super unorganized, some guys had to go back asking for medals, some guys got a piece of paper 'token or tag of some kind' some did not - still don't know what its for, no one pointing out drinks or water. They could deffo look at the end point and how it is operated.

i got a token/card. It was an admission card. R5 - admission

I had to turn strava off, to try to save my battery. Does anyone know if i could upload the route manually into strava?

i got a token/card. It was an admission card. R5 - admission

The card had two of the same numbers on. It had to be torn in half and gooi'ed in the lucky draw box.

Some boxes of wine and a lumo green fatbike was won

Have to agree, finish area was quite deurmekaar, but after a few Forresters i could manage quite well and even grabbed a cup of  blue powerade before i left

Jetline - you're the best!

maybe shouldn't be called "action photography" as such...

so either I have only one move - a la Blue Steel - which in my case is referred to as "the sit down pedal", or I'm just going to start 'gooi-ing an es' whenever I spot a photographer, even if its mid climbing or slow water crossing.  There will be rocks flying, water splashing and mud being slung on the lens, one leg clipped out, over the bars roost shots.

post-2231-0-78847300-1442906040_thumb.jpg

Archived