Spruit Dude Under Conrad Birdge

SteveS

Has anyone else encountered the guy sitting on two rocks in the middle of the path when going under the Conrad Drive Bridge close to Frattellis. Whats up with this guy? Everytime someone goes down there he stands up and sort of moves out the way (the cyclist having to negotiate between him and the rock) and then goes back to his rock.

I have seen him there every afternoon that we have ridden for the last three weeks, and this morning coming back from a ride at about 09:00, sure as sh>>> there he was on his rock again!!

Has anyone spoken to him to find out what gives?

?

http://23thorns.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/199266_469136396440529_533180411_n.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-RGDVX-Q8rHI/UdKxff6rTcI/AAAAAAAAAGU/jj3HmdP2_qk/s1600/tokoloshe+articles+(3).jpg

A little more seriously here.

Does the guy look remotely dodgy at all .... any chance of snapping  a shot of him on your cell or better yet a go pro and keeping it on file somewhere should it ever be required?

Maybe it's the local hobo sitting on his favourite stoep chair wondering wtflip these bikers have to ride amongst his furniture?

I was out running the Spruit on Wednesday and saw this guy.  He did exactly as mentioned above, saw us coming, got up and moved out the way, then sat down again.

Here's the thing, I saw a rather large knife in his hand.  We avoided him altogether on the way back to Old Parks...

I stay right there, haven't seen him as yet. Is this the white male, looks to be in his early to mid thirtys, scruffy, bit of a beard? 

Far as I know he's a local and theres some kind of mental history, prone to much verbal outbursts that don't make mush sense. Harmless, as far as I've experienced, never engaged him though.

Large knife in hand + mental history + loitering around lonely areas with infrequent passing joggers/cyclists. Probably not a very safe concoction.

Not a white guy, it's a black guy.  He looks dodgy all the same.  I also notice another guy on the other side of the wall (along the river), don't know if these two are 'working' together.

I'd avoid going under this bridge, rather safe than sorry.

Saw him last Sat at about 7am, no knife but was having his morning wash completely naked in the middle of the trail under the bridge! Did not look too dodge. More guys under Jan Smuts bridge, just past Conrad, and it is a lot nastier under there, would advise going over Jan Smuts.

Not a white guy, it's a black guy.  He looks dodgy all the same.  I also notice another guy on the other side of the wall (along the river), don't know if these two are 'working' together.

I'd avoid going under this bridge, rather safe than sorry.

I just went under there an hour or so ago - didn't spot him...

stop there with coffee and a muffin ask him what gives, maybe he is there chasing away the tokolosh for you ungratefull bunch :ph34r:

Archived