Cape Town Cycle Tour and the CSA Forbidden Races Rule

FrankB

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fine is 50 to 100 swiss franks.

Ok bring on the 1 month ban. Nothing like an extended training camp in Mallorca after Argust

This continued infighting and general pettiness between CSA and PPA must come to a stop since it is hurting the continued growth and promotion of cycling.

It won't come to an end until CSA realizes its not the only cycling body in SA. They don't seem to want to abide by the constitution of the country or recognize that cyclists need to have a choice.

Its mandate is completely control of cycling in SA. If they have that much power can yo imagine what it will be like. Can you say ANC?

Everyone is serving Mammon. 

I don't see an end to this fight unless Gauteng jumps in too at some stage.

Might get an end to this silly custom we have of collecting a piece of payment hundreds of kilometres away just to race?

One can dream I suppose.....

all previous editions up to 2014 of the argus were sanctioned by csa ie the whole event was sanctioned - the ppa went to court so that they did not have to apply to have its events sanctioned by csa. a few months after they won their court case they applied to CSA to have the 2015 racing portion of the CTtour sanctioned, how does one sanction only a part of an event - if i remember correctly the ppa's founding affidavit to the learned judge stated that they only organise fun rides not races. the csa agreed to sanction the whole event not just the racing portion.

all ppa events have not been sanctioned since March last year

wrt being suspended - who is going to report you to csa / uci

CSA will probably make it their business to check their database against CTCT results, so, if they're serious, I've no doubt they'll make this an issue.

They go to enough trouble to threaten other events (much smaller, obviously).

But will it be legal??

Funny thing is I can't find anything on the UCI website about this rule being reintroduced? Am I missing it? Anybody else got info? If CSA is indeed quoting the UCI, it's not just CTCT that's going to have an issue with the rule.

The CSA is after the PPA's money, as simple as that. Because PPA is run by some clever, mostly volunteers that love cycling the CSA could not get their hands on the boodle. Hence the current situation where they try to intimadate the recreational cyclist. Please google and read the ruling made in the court case.

The track record of the PPA is unmatched, they have done more for cycling than any other organisation but still they are widely criticized. Maybe jealously  from less successful pretenders. It hurts if a bunch of fun-ride organisers can attract  the word's finest to come and race. The CSA cannot even get a proper professional tour going in South Africa.

Unfortunately CSA is not committed to cycling. With their Big Brother SASCOC all they are interested in is to get their fat bums on a Business class seat to flt to Europe. 

So anyone taking part in the Tour de PPA this weekend who has a CSA / UCI lisence will be suspended for 1 month and or fined from when you roll over the start line.

Not sure how they going to control it or administrator it after the race.

Oh well I might as well get it over with from this Sunday, no chance I'm going to miss the Cape Town Cycle Tour.

The CSA is after the PPA's money, as simple as that. Because PPA is run by some clever, mostly volunteers that love cycling the CSA could not get their hands on the boodle. Hence the current situation where they try to intimadate the recreational cyclist. Please google and read the ruling made in the court case.

The track record of the PPA is unmatched, they have done more for cycling than any other organisation but still they are widely criticized. Maybe jealously  from less successful pretenders. It hurts if a bunch of fun-ride organisers can attract  the word's finest to come and race. The CSA cannot even get a proper professional tour going in South Africa.

Unfortunately CSA is not committed to cycling. With their Big Brother SASCOC all they are interested in is to get their fat bums on a Business class seat to flt to Europe. 

pray tell us how many cyclists have they sent to wchamps/olympics/c'wealth games etc etc and who has criticized them so widely?

pray tell us how many cyclists have they sent to wchamps/olympics/c'wealth games etc etc and who has criticized them so widely?

How about we don't start this crap again, it has been done to death on here.

You are right. My apologies for going on a rant. Just can't stand bureaucrats.

Its all about the money. PPA is making it ans CSA wants it without doing anything. Oh well I guess the goes my professional cycling career. Watch me win the CTCT with my sub 6h30. Hoooooopppppeeeeeeeeeee

its the hubsa isn't it? and getting a balanced argument - i mean what genius applies to the highcourt to force a national sports body to stop forcing its sanctioning processes on them and then approaches the national body a few months later and applies for one of its events to be sanctioned. and spits the dummy when its event is not sanctioned.

its the hubsa isn't it? and getting a balanced argument - i mean what genius applies to the highcourt to force a national sports body to stop forcing its sanctioning processes on them and then approaches the national body a few months later and applies for one of its events to be sanctioned. and spits the dummy when its event is not sanctioned.

You have a bit of catching up to do!

I don't this is limited to just the Cycle tour - all PPA events are not sanctions!

Rider don't do any PPA funrides between now and the ABSA Cape Epic - in theory if you road this past weekend funride you cannot do day 1 of the Epic - days 2 is one day over a month!

How the can of worms has been opened - but is this really in the best interests of cycling in RSA or are the riders just been used as "pawn" in the politics between PPA and CSA?

Riders who have done PPA funrides this month probably should not be allowed to start the Tour de Boland either!

Archived