[Event] Amarider 100Miler

Dirtopia MTB Events

Got a lift with my parents. Girlfriend was out of town galavanting. :D . Managed a 4.30. Struggled with a cold the whole week. Maybe could have gone better, but did not really race it.

Okay that figures.

Riding with a cold is a bit dangerous..... :eek: 

I enjoyed it, did 3.29.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a absolute blast yesterday. I enjoyed the ride very much and will be rated as one of my best rides in a long time.  The weather was perfect but it would have been a different story if the weather was anything like last year.

There such beautiful views on the route but I am sure very few even noticed it. On one stage  I actually told everyone around me to just look at the view.  My comment was received with absolute silence.

There such beautiful views on the route but I am sure very few even noticed it. On one stage I actually told everyone around me to just look at the view. My comment was received with absolute silence.

the guys probably thought you were referring to yourself as the "view" so they blushed & was left speechless.

the guys probably thought you were referring to yourself as the "view" so they blushed & was left speechless.

:eek:

Baa wha ha ha . :D  :D  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

That was funny 

Just going to leave this here :) he is pretty tired after cruising for 6 hours yesterday! Not looking forward to DC having to hang on for five and a half hours with him pulling!!

post-11806-1432495699,4618.jpg

I have the most painful, er, bits today... Gees, I thought I had been training well for the distance but I was woefully unprepared when push came to shove.

There was one gorgeous view as we crested the second hill, and I was feeling fresh. Mountain ranges off to the north...

Thor - what kinda of training did you do ?

Hey, Slow... Been doing 3.5hr to 4hour rides at intense effort (for me) , but I think the issue is I haven't done enough hills. I was at the physio with muscle issues last week, which I don't know contributed to the cramping. It hasn't happened so soon for years.

Or as someone told me, maybe I just need more HTFU. Although I really already Hate The F%*%&R Uphill already

Finished the 100 in 12th with a time of 6:17.

We were a large lead group that would fall a part a bit and then reform the whole race long. Eventually at around the 100km mark we became a group of 12 that stayed away from the chasing pack.

At 114km I got a puncture that eventually sealed but left my front tyre too flat to handle properly but not flat enough to justify stopping to bomb it. I had to hang on for as long as possible with my front end all over the place. With about 25km to go up the one long climb Chris Wolhurter and a few others attacked and it left the group in pieces. I couldnt hang on any longer and rode the last 15km alone with a few other guys that I battled with for a few extra places. I eventually stopped to bomb the tyre with about 10km to go. It was a great race, I had a good time, it was something different being a dirt roadie race.

Highlight: Seeing the finish!

2nd Highlight: Bringing a towel and having a shower at the end.

Lowlight: Number 79 on the red and white Titan in blue Diaken GU kit that littered constantly the entire first half of race. Probably the second half too, but I didnt see him after that.

Good performance, well done! For the guys that did the 50,what was your elevation gain. I and my buddies got around 1100, the event stated 1400 though.

Donovan, will you let the organisers know about the littering 79 rider ? Get him banned from this event.

Donovan, will you let the organisers know about the littering 79 rider ? Get him banned from this event.

I considered doing that, but wondered if anything could actually get done.

I will let them know now though.

You would need to prove it, Otherwise if I don't like you I can just shout 'littering' and have you banned. 

Good performance, well done! For the guys that did the 50,what was your elevation gain. I and my buddies got around 1100, the event stated 1400 though.

Long route 2230m and it was 1180 at half way. I was checking constantly ????

Results on trail tag have numbers

Archived