[Event] Amarider 100Miler

Dirtopia MTB Events

It was n lekke race.

Weather held up nicely, wind was not to bad.

Signage and organisation (IMO) was great.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nicely organised, agreed, but Gees I have never battled so much on a bike. Started cramping on the nasty climb at +- 60km and had to nurse it home for 100km. Those last hills were a bugger! Doing a race that is almost 3 hours longer than I have tried before was interesting... And honestly, a bit boring. My respect for the Epic guys and Iron Man entrants is enhanced!

We couldnt of asked for better weather conditions.. as for the last 5Ks.. that was just a sick joke. Im sure tomorrow I'll feel as if I have fought mike tyson. #M0ertoe

Very very well organised, great route markings, marshalling etc. But ja, very boring, as I expected, and I found it tough. My training rides are at places like Stellenbosch and Paarl with mostly climbs and downhills. I struggled on the flat terrain today. Loved the climbs at the end, thats what I am used to. Glad I did it.

Weather gods gave us a full house today! Agree, doing so much climbing and tech stuff I hobestly suffer on simple flats where its just assume the position and keep the tempo

Did you do 80km or the big boy?

I did too. I was looking for that Transit at the start but never saw it...

I did too. I was looking for that Transit at the start but never saw it...

Got a lift with my parents. Girlfriend was out of town galavanting. :D . Managed a 4.30. Struggled with a cold the whole week. Maybe could have gone better, but did not really race it.

I entered the start right at the back , was a bit like a marathon start, so lost a bit of time getting through. So definitely missed the "groups" upfront. Will remember this for next time though.

This 100miler will be a sunday stroll compared to the 100miler coming up in September in Cederberg

I entered the start right at the back , was a bit like a marathon start, so lost a bit of time getting through. So definitely missed the "groups" upfront. Will remember this for next time though.

which distance? If the 100miler, there was plenty of time to move up to the front or middle as it was nuetral for at least 5kms?

Archived