[Event] Amarider 100Miler

Dirtopia MTB Events

Agree.  I had 2 sidewalls punctures both sides of the front tire on the Nissen trail seeker this weekend. 

Looked like someone shot the tyres with a pellet gun straight through. 

This happened on a jeep track.

Still don't know how it happenend.

Bought 2 Spez Fast Track Grid 2.0 tires with thicker sidewall for race wheels today.

Not going to chance all the cost/training to get to a race just to suffer another sidewall puncture to save 60 grams on light tires.

Eish bro. Those fast tracks. :ph34r:  Ground controlls for me all the way. Zero issues. Loads of grip.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the race is 12 days away & you are already making weather decision today, common just be honest what is the real reason?

Seriously mate, don't want to chance mud damage over 80km...

Maintenance last month

100 hours Epic Brain service - ouch

2 x Assos bibs

1 x Pearl Izume kit

This month.

1 x Conti Tubby (road bike)

2 x MTB tyres

2 x rotors

1 x cassette

If I spend any more on cycling the missus is going to want another ring..... :whistling:

I bought a new cassette, chain and chaining for this race, but if it rain I will squeeze another160 out of the old parts. Just to much training and traveling to give it up.

Does anyone know what the new route will be like?

If you go by some of the comments above :

Really wet you'll need a wetsuit  ,So muddy you must cycle in wellies and miserable so very very miserable...

you're going to have to replace your entire bike and/or every single part on it.

you'll need to replace every item of cycling clothing you own including all the shoes you own.

Jeesus guys , It's just a bit of mud on a mountain bike HEAVEN FORBID that ever happens!!   

Pathetic

It was really tough last year with the wind and rain and also not being experienced in anything above 100km... I am back for more!  :thumbup:

Seriously mate, don't want to chance mud damage over 80km...

Maintenance last month

100 hours Epic Brain service - ouch

2 x Assos bibs

1 x Pearl Izume kit

This month.

1 x Conti Tubby (road bike)

2 x MTB tyres

2 x rotors

1 x cassette

If I spend any more on cycling the missus is going to want another ring..... :whistling:

How did you ruin 2 bibs and the other clothing in the mud?

Washing machine?

How did you ruin 2 bibs and the other clothing in the mud?

Washing machine?

Cost of the sport.  Seem simple to understand....not?

Wow, that's seriously low! What tyres do you have? Is that front and back?

Did some testing this weekend and have found my sweet spot for the 100miler. 

Rocket Ron 2.25 front 1.4 Bar

Maxis Ikon 2.25 Rear 1.5 Bar

This seems to soak up the sinkplaat well and feels lekker hard for the flat highways.

Rider Weight is now 98kg

If you go by some of the comments above :

Really wet you'll need a wetsuit  ,So muddy you must cycle in wellies and miserable so very very miserable...

you're going to have to replace your entire bike and/or every single part on it.

you'll need to replace every item of cycling clothing you own including all the shoes you own.

Jeesus guys , It's just a bit of mud on a mountain bike HEAVEN FORBID that ever happens!!   

Pathetic

Black, this race is renowned for stormy weather. the last 2 years have been a walk in the park weather wise, a bit of wind and rain. OK quite a bit of rain.

However I recall one of the earlier ones where we were riding BB Deep in water for about 1/4 of the race, if not more.

Did some testing this weekend and have found my sweet spot for the 100miler. 

Rocket Ron 2.25 front 1.4 Bar

Maxis Ikon 2.25 Rear 1.5 Bar

This seems to soak up the sinkplaat well and feels lekker hard for the flat highways.

Rider Weight is now 98kg

RAW MUSCLE

Black, this race is renowned for stormy weather. the last 2 years have been a walk in the park weather wise, a bit of wind and rain. OK quite a bit of rain.

However I recall one of the earlier ones where we were riding BB Deep in water for about 1/4 of the race, if not more.

Yes I know  :clap:  It's one of my staples , love it! 

Rider Weight is now 98kg

RAW MUSCLE

If talking k@k was a sickness he would've been dead ages ago. Every second day he mentions his weight it has gone up by another 2kg's. I'm surprised he's not at 110kg's already. The fact that he still fits into his kit is obviously a miracle.  :mellow:

Wow, that's great to hear. I'm slightly lighter than you. Running a 2.4 on the front though. Will definitely lower my pressure

Archived