[Event] Amarider 100Miler

Dirtopia MTB Events

That's easy to answer , first 70 km lovely rolling hills last 10km you climb ...and climb ... and climb

And the 80km before the 'lovely rolling hills'?? good luck to all

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's easy to answer , first 70 km lovely rolling hills last 10km you climb ...and climb ... and climb  

Lekka man.

So glad all the race snakes are doing this, Im going for podium at the Hexriver Race, apparently the prize money is R100k...for 3rd place ;)

And the 80km before the 'lovely rolling hills'?? good luck to all

I agree , it's the first 80kms I'm worried about

So glad all the race snakes are doing this, Im going for podium at the Hexriver Race, apparently the prize money is R100k...for 3rd place ;)

You're mistaken ...if you come 3rd your punishment is that you must do another 100k's

You're mistaken ...if you come 3rd your punishment is that you must do another 100k's

Sh$t,..ok, lemme go read the fineprint..

hey guys, good luck for saturday...... hope the weather does not play to much of a role for you

hey guys, good luck for saturday...... hope the weather does not play to much of a role for you

Thanks Slowbee. If the role is less de Niro in Raging Bull and more Paris Hilton, in, well, anything, then we are happy

Well if it is anything like the movie on Lions Head, it might be a rough ride with a bang at the end.

I relied heavily on the honest Hubbers who said 'no sand' and hopefully, with the weather, no expensive mud. If by some miracle said Hubbers are mistaken for the first time ever, I may go for my first warning point afterwards. Apologies in advance...

Bwahaha I'll back that up again, There is no sand. If there is i'll buy you a beer afterwards, you must just make sure you are still around by 5:30pm when i roll in offer expires after Tomorrow.

Bwahaha I'll back that up again, There is no sand. If there is i'll buy you a beer afterwards, you must just make sure you are still around by 5:30pm when i roll in offer expires after Tomorrow.

Don't worry, Milky, I could never only listen to someone who rides rigid, single-speeds for fun. And from what I have read on other threads, the chances of me waiting for you are as likely as me finishing 160km and then wanting a 'bang on Lion's head'. (I admittedly have not seen the movie referred to by Slowbee above, so I may be off topic.)

Noob question - what is the ideal tyre pressure for this course?

I am 95 kg and did tests for sinkplaat I am going with 1.5 bar front and back.

Normal pressure for me on technical rocky stuff is 1.2 Bar.

Edit Tyre Size

29 x 2.2

80km, but thats *** far for me. My rides are usually 40 to 50km max. Most races are that distance aswell. Also dont know what terrain and climbs to expect. 

Nooit man, if you can do 50, you can do 80.....

Archived