[Event] Amarider 100Miler

Dirtopia MTB Events

yes it is I was even considering it at some stage, someone did it last year on a cx bike but had punctures like it was going out of fashion.

Didn't you do it on a rigid bike?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have entered. I have never done it before so I am looking forward to it. Sometimes the dirt roadie races are fun.

similar to 7weekspoort just twice the distance. District roads & district roads & more district roads.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I've entered the 80km event - my first time - anyone want to share some learnings from your previous outings? Not looking to race it.

Guys, I've entered the 80km event - my first time - anyone want to share some learnings from your previous outings? Not looking to race it.

Relative to your "average" 80km race the route is easy, biggest challenge is the sting in the tail - some long climbs after the last waterpoint.

Wind & conditions on the day would often be the bigger challenge.

At the last waterpoint, I think it is on 60km you are going to do a very long climb. Pace yourself till here, stock up on fuel here. 50 GU gels and 5L water will get you over just fine :)

Dont forget that you will also get lots of thick sand in various patches. Jip that last climb is gonna hurt if you race. Enjoy a REDBULL at the waterpoint. You will be needing those wings. :w00t:  :whistling:  

Dont forget that you will also get lots of thick sand in various patches. Jip that last climb is gonna hurt if you race. Enjoy a REDBULL at the waterpoint. You will be needing those wings. :w00t:  :whistling:  

We ride on part of the route alot. If it doesn't rain soon then you can just as well go and cycle on a sand dune. Lots of loose sand at the moment. Not pleasant!

• 4 weeks later...

Should I use the same tyre pressure that I normally use for typical MTB trail riding for gravel road races like the 100 miler and K2C? Slightly higher perhaps?

Should I use the same tyre pressure that I normally use for typical MTB trail riding for gravel road races like the 100 miler and K2C? Slightly higher perhaps?

route is rutted so don't go any harder than what you already currently running.

Depends what Typical is.....

I weight 95kg and will be going with 1.4bar, a bit harder than for Gravel and Grape which was 1,2.

Archived