Garmin Fenix 3

StevieL

Can someone please explain to me what is BETA and what is the difference between BETA version and the normal version?

Let's say it's almost the final version. The software team are done and they think it's perfect. They then release as a BETA to the public for real life testing. Once the public get their hands on it there's always a few tweaks and fixes that are required. These are applied and the FINAL version is released. In my experience beta versions are about 95% of the final version. They will work, normally have cool new features but can be buggy. Also and most importantly, most manufacturers will not support BETA versions, it's their way of getting a bit of insurance against unknown bugs in the software release. So no help if you lose history, config settings, stops working completely etc.

If you want the latest and greatest and don't mind taking a risk your device hangs mid session then load beta releases. If you want the most stable release and are willing to sacrifice a feature or two always run current or one back from current full version. IMO

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Fenix 3 on my arm.

AMAZING piece of equipment. 

R7000 all and all VAT, Duties and R700 courier service from Spain.  Waited one and a half weeks

Just looked at this again - did you use normal or DHL for postage and did the price include the import duties or did you had to pay it when they delivered it to you?

Just looked at this again - did you use normal or DHL for postage and did the price include the import duties or did you had to pay it when they delivered it to you?

Used DHL.  SHipping was R650 something if I remember correctly. 

That R7k was all included.  BUT>......the exchange rate was way different than it is today obviously!  :huh:

I don't use the Golf app much but, has anybody been able to load golf courses on the new Fenix 3 golf application? I can see the course data on Garmin Connect, but downloading them is another story.

This might be stupid question but how did you download it onto the watch? Garmin Connect on a Mac doesn't seem to give me that option.

Edited by Jakkals77

When I open the golf app, it just says that I can download more on Garmin connect. The Fenix 3 obviously doesn't have any courses loaded and the Garmin connect website doesn't allow be to download the the courses that I see on the website. I'll give The distributor a call to see if they can help. Will post the step by step procedures it if I come right

Anyone else find that Garmin Connect does not recognise the device (Garmin fēnix 3) when uploading new workouts?

I've not come across that issue. Give Garmin technical support a call for help. They are currently investigating the issue that I'm having with the maps, and I'm sure they will be able to assist you.

I want to hear from those of you that have the standard fenix 3 i.e. not the sapphire. By now most of you have been using your watches for quite some time and I want to know how the glass is holding up in terms of scratches?

I have been saving up to get a fenix 3 and now have the money ready. That said, with the rand's poor performance the standard fenix 3 has become more and more attractive as opposed to the sapphire.