Garmin Fenix 3

StevieL

The Connect App is on the phone (if you've downloaded it yet ;) ) the one on your computer is Express ;)

Ok, download the app and connected. All sorted. Lots to learn on this thing :-)

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Typicall how big is a software update? Wanted to download a different watch face but have to uldate the software and when i try i keep getting an error.

Doing this on Garmin express on the laptop.

Typicall how big is a software update? Wanted to download a different watch face but have to uldate the software and when i try i keep getting an error.

Doing this on Garmin express on the laptop.

For the watch updates are around 4 - 5 mb 

For the watch updates are around 4 - 5 mb

Thats small. Its starts downloading the files then just says theres an error downloading

Thats small. Its starts downloading the files then just says theres an error downloading

You can manually download them too and then copy the file into the /garmin directory (like a usb stick) and when you unplug the garmin it will update.

"

1. Place the GUPDATE.RGN file in the \GARMIN directory
  2. Disconnect from your computer and proceed through the update path.
  3. If you would like to revert to the previous public release software, follow the above steps but place the gupdate_xxx.rgn file in the \GARMIN folder. Rename the file to gupdate.rgn before disconnecting your device. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults."

You can manually download them too and then copy the file into the /garmin directory (like a usb stick) and when you unplug the garmin it will update.

"

• Place the GUPDATE.RGN file in the \GARMIN directory
  • Disconnect from your computer and proceed through the update path.
  • If you would like to revert to the previous public release software, follow the above steps but place the gupdate_xxx.rgn file in the \GARMIN folder. Rename the file to gupdate.rgn before disconnecting your device. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults."

Thanks, i will try that.

"

• Place the GUPDATE.RGN file in the \GARMIN directory
  • Disconnect from your computer and proceed through the update path.
  • If you would like to revert to the previous public release software, follow the above steps but place the gupdate_xxx.rgn file in the \GARMIN folder. Rename the file to gupdate.rgn before disconnecting your device. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults."

Pardon my ignorance, but where do i find this uldate file to put in the directory?

No ignorance at all, the beta site provides the beta FW as well as the current "Production" FW in the download file.

https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=9505

Aaahh, thanks Bobbo_SA. I tried to add this file manually and got a "write protect" error and then i realized, our company has installed bit locker on our pcs preventing downloading anything onto am external device unless you encript it.

The Fenix is too small to encrypt so i need to use another pc to load this file...aaarrggg....i dont have another pc.

Anyone having issues pairing Bluetooth with their Fenix 3 with iPhone 7?

Nope, mine works fine.

Both on latest firmware.

Howsit guys. I have somehow picked up a crack on my screen. Nothing major and don't even know how it happened. Has this happened to anyone else? I have sent it to Garmin but haven't heard back from them yet. Does anyone know what the process is with regardsto sorting this out? Repair or replace?

Howsit guys. I have somehow picked up a crack on my screen. Nothing major and don't even know how it happened. Has this happened to anyone else? I have sent it to Garmin but haven't heard back from them yet. Does anyone know what the process is with regardsto sorting this out? Repair or replace?

If its on your cost it will be repair. If its on garmin they will just replace it

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Mine too - annoying :cursing:

Bluetooth can be frustrating sometimes. I just linked mine to wifi and phone hotspot. Works alot easier

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Is there any sort of calibration required? In went for my firt ride with the Fenix and it tells me very different stuff than the Shealth app on my phone i used. In was rather surprised.

I would guess the fenix is more accurate with gos stats (distance, speed...etc)?