Garmin Fenix 3

StevieL

It has bitlocker on the actual PC and it required encryption of any device connecting to it. It says that the Fenix  is too small to protect and hence the PC will not download anything to the Fenix without it being protected by bitlocker so cannot use the work PC at all.

So, if I setup wifi via Garmin express app on my laptop, then get the Fenix to connect to my home wifi (the one I setup in the app), it will update my software?

Haven't done it myself, but it should.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lately, my watch does a software update every time I connect to my phone. And it takes FOREVER, like an hour at least. If I leave it and the phone goes off the process stops, so I actually have to keep the screen on the whole time so that it can finish "sending software update". And I check that it completes successfully so it's not like it continually tries to do the same update. This is really becoming annoying now, anyone else experiencing this?

On the watch I have seen an auto update function and on the Garmin Express app under settings, you can set when it updates. It is probably set up as anytime.

Can I get some advice. My battery life on my Fenix 3 is about 3 x 3hour rides after which I need to charge it. Is there any way I can increase the battery life . Also how can I add meters climbed to my screen when I cycle?

If its on your cost it will be repair. If its on garmin they will just replace it

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

They are replacing at my cost..R2400 

Can I get some advice. My battery life on my Fenix 3 is about 3 x 3hour rides after which I need to charge it. Is there any way I can increase the battery life . Also how can I add meters climbed to my screen when I cycle?

9.hours gps tracking is not bad without a charge .Always use a PC to charge .Don,t use a cellphone adapter ,they ruin your battery

9.hours gps tracking is not bad without a charge .Always use a PC to charge .Don,t use a cellphone adapter ,they ruin your battery

I assume that if you use the charger that was supplied with the Fenix 3 unit it should be the safest?

(Just a reminder to all regarding any car charger on any electronic device: it is best to avoid them as much as possible, and only use them if really required, they are great at destroying batteries.)

They are replacing at my cost..R2400

Any chance that they were going to quote you on a sapphire window?

I chipped mine a while back, only willing to do the replacement if I can get a solution that will last longer.

Right, managed to upload the software and a few app. What watch faces are you using? which ones are configurable?

No ignorance at all, the beta site provides the beta FW as well as the current "Production" FW in the download file.

https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=9505 

Ok help me out here: I finally managed to down load the file in the Garmin Directory but the Watch still says Version 4.0? How do I update it through the update path?

Or is 4.0 the latest version?

Edited by AlanD

Yoh! This will ruin a chaps December plans and budget!

Does this unit include the HR on the wrist option?

Nope, not the HR version... HR is only on the chest strap   ;)

Edited by Andrew Steer

Any chance that they were going to quote you on a sapphire window?

I chipped mine a while back, only willing to do the replacement if I can get a solution that will last longer.

They were willing to quote on a saphire